Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
IMG_1140.jpg

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
This is an Italian military surplus commando sweaters from Sportsmans Guide. I always have liked military surplus wps because I was a poor boy in college and the ones I had in the Army got me through my college years.
I wore Woolly Pullies all through my university years as well.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
No. Some do not have epaulets. I have a military surplus British wp. It has. I have had it over a decade. No problem with the epaulets.

Agree with Mush here. I have several WPs with epps, several without! Never had a problem.

Last edited:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Velcro, the most evil invention and the enemy of wool!!!
Yesterday I was enjoying the hell out of my Aero/Irish sweater in the sub zero temp in NY, but also sporting a very different kind of gear, a pair of husky fingerless work gloves, fasten at the wrist with velcro.

The velcro stuck to my sweater cuff and roughed it out bad, an otherwise non-piling sweater now looks all fuzzy... I'm so pissed.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Velcro, the most evil invention and the enemy of wool!!!
Yesterday I was enjoying the hell out of my Aero/Irish sweater in the sub zero temp in NY, but also sporting a very different kind of gear, a pair of husky fingerless work gloves, fasten at the wrist with velcro.

The velcro stuck to my sweater cuff and roughed it out bad, an otherwise non-piling sweater now looks all fuzzy... I'm so pissed.

Then you must try a Woolly Pully which is more resilient - and available without the velcro straps.
Some day I really should ask for a commission from Outdoor Knitwear!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points