Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miraculous Hat Survival Stories

Doc Glockster

One of the Regulars
I ordered an Akubra from David Morgan a few weeks ago. When I went to the post office to pick it up, I noticed that the entire lower half of the box was crushed. The postmaster could see the horrified look on my face.

"Can I open it and inspect it before I sign for it?" I asked.

"I can't let you do that, but you can refuse it," she replied.

I swallowed hard. That hat just HAD to be damaged. There's no way it could have arrived in that messed up box and be in mint condition.

Reluctantly, I decided to take a chance and accepted the box. I rushed home, my heart pounding. I kept telling myself, "Should have refused it. Should have refused it."

I got it home and carefully opened it. The box was so crumpled I was surprised the tape was still in place.

As I opened the top of the box I beheld.....a perfect undamaged Akubra. The crushing of the box had stopped just short of the crown and the brim was as flat as it should have been.

Ever since then if I order from David Morgan I put into the comments "Please ship in a sturdy box" and relate this horror story to them in as much detail as will fit in the comment area.

Last time I ordered from them I got a perfect box with "DO NOT CRUSH" printed prominently on it.

What's your story of a hat that miraculously survived?

Last edited:

Wesslyn

Practically Family
My Giorgio Cellini Ultra stayed on my head while I was outdoors during torrential rains and a tornado.
Dunno if that counts as much of a survival story, but I've always been impressed by its resilience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points