Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Day Style Icons

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK. So there is Peter Plotnicki, founder of the brand Merz B. Schwanen. They make vintage inspired undershirts and henleys knitted on old machines.
His own style is not too flamboyant but apart from the occasional low waisted jeans rather tasteful.
575882_350911251643704_1224594997_n.jpg

peter021.jpg

tumblr_mwxg8nItZB1s5yraho1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzsmhqfaLw1s5yraho1_500.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

Nick Clements; Photographer for Men's File. One could argue that he dresses accordingly to the expectations of the target audience but I think he does a good job.
nick-clements.jpg

ContinentalGT-firstride-day2-lifestylevisittolewisleather-3.jpg

nick.shooting.jpg

Nick.jpg

IMG_8168.jpg

Maybe the only guy who didn't go full retarded at Pitti Uomo too.
tumblr_n6no1c6xE21ruy7pvo1_500.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Great thread idea!

While his style is more sedated that some of the other chaps previously listed, I've always admired Bill Nighy's style. Almost always in tailored, classic blue suits, Church's shoes, and Margaret Howell shirts. Its funny because while I like his look, its not one I wear. I don't even have a blue suit! I'm more a tweed and flannels sort of fellow.

http://www.mrporter.com/journal/journal_issue39/1?cm_sp=theknack-_-thelook-_-151111#1

mainImage5.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
although Nick Wooster wears many things that will be way too 'high fashion' for this crowd (he was men's fashion director of Bergdorf Goodman) i think he knows how to put an outfit together, and often brings a 'vintage' aesthetic to it.

Nickwooster02_zps4fd96a0a.jpg

sartNickWooster_zpsfa7b75de.jpg

nyfw-duckie-brown-1_zps920ebfd9.jpeg

tumblr_lyqbtqdKlv1qfjc32o1_500_zps745d29c9.jpg

tumblr_n22lwpNKHv1qfjc32o1_1280_zpse4832459.jpg

Metatron

One Too Many
I like the 'USAAF' outfit worn by Wooster (although it a bit contrived), but otherwise I can't stand that guy's 'uber-fashionista' style!
Especially the neon shorts + blazer look he so often wears.

Edit: Some of the individual items he wears are nice though, I dig that 3 roll 2 tweed number.

Flat Foot Floey

You picked some good outfits. I remember about four years ago there were more good outfits in the satorialist blog. Wooster used to wear more of the above and less neon shorts.

The headless pic is cool. Though he doesn't has to hide his face. One of the few guys that look cool with a beard.

earl

A-List Customer
although Nick Wooster wears many things that will be way too 'high fashion' for this crowd (he was men's fashion director of Bergdorf Goodman) i think he knows how to put an outfit together, and often brings a 'vintage' aesthetic to it.

Nickwooster02_zps4fd96a0a.jpg

sartNickWooster_zpsfa7b75de.jpg

nyfw-duckie-brown-1_zps920ebfd9.jpeg

tumblr_lyqbtqdKlv1qfjc32o1_500_zps745d29c9.jpg

tumblr_n22lwpNKHv1qfjc32o1_1280_zpse4832459.jpg
In those shots, he has some fabulous outfits. I tend to like only shortly cropped beards when it comes to them, like he has. Have had such a beard for 42 years myself. His hair style on the other hand, not so much.:D Earl

Flat Foot Floey

Why? The haircut works great with the beard. Longer on top short back and sides. Maybe the fading could be smoother if that bugs you? I wouldn't mind to go grey one day either.

earl

A-List Customer
Why? The haircut works great with the beard. Longer on top short back and sides. Maybe the fading could be smoother if that bugs you? I wouldn't mind to go grey one day either.

Grey hair has a distinguishing effect with men, particularly with a short beard. Certainly, I feel I look more distinguished now then in my younger years. Though, can't say I'm that thrilled with the thinning of hair with age.:eek: Earl

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Ouigi Theodore of Brooklyn Circus. that rust colour is vibrant !

i think there's a lot of well dressed young guys about at Pitti Uomo even if they don't dress 'vintage'.
they might simply fit the 'classic' category such as Ethan on page 1 of this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points