• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Modern Products with Vintage Style Packaging

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by Miss_Bella_Hell, Mar 2, 2009.

1. When I went to supermarket I noticed 7UP has followed the Pepsi Flashback idea and were offering 7UP Retro made with real sugar. The cans had 1970s and 1980s logos and the bottles had the older design.
    Needless to say I had to but a 6 pack.

Sincerely,
    The Wolf

2. TCMfan25

TCMfan25 Practically Family

Mexican Coca- Cola and Pepsi, made with real sugar no hfcs and are in those awesome thick glass bottles!

3. Sadly, I went a mexican grocery recently and bought a Coke in great glass bottle but when I looked at the ingredients sticker the second ingredient was "high fructose corn syrup and/or sucrose".

Sincerely,
    The Wolf

4. Sadly, I went a mexican grocery recently and bought a Coke in great glass bottle but when I looked at the ingredients sticker the second ingredient was "high fructose corn syrup and/or sucrose".

Sincerely,
    The Wolf

5. One of the things that you may notice is if you have a soda in a glass bottle and drink it the flavor of the soda is apparent and comes through very clearly from the first sip.

If you have the same soda from a plastic bottle the first sip has a very reduced flavor it is almost dead compared to the glass bottle.

6. It's been so long since I've had mainstream pop from a glass bottle, that I'd forgotten that, but I remeber it distinctly from when they stopped bottling apple juice in glass. I really haven't felt the same about the stuff since.

-Dave

7. bunnyb.gal

bunnyb.gal Practically Family

Does anyone know why that is? Bevvies in glass always seem to taste better to me too. I always assumed it was psychological, for the same reason that I dislike drinking out of plastic glasses/cups.

8. CHances are that glass is kind of impervious to all but the strongest chemicals / acids so it doesn't affect the soda. Plastics used as soda containers are probably not totally inert and more chemically active than glass so it must interfere or promote some type of chemical activity.

9. That would be my guess as well.

10. bunnyb.gal

Thanks gentlemen - good to know that it wasn't all just a fancy of mine.

11. Just a few that come to mind...

- "SPAM". I don't think the packaging has changed remarkably since the 1930s.
    - Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap - You can still buy it in those neat little ceramic jars.
    - Windsor shaving-soap. You can buy it in neat little tins.

12. bunnyb.gal

13. Red Diabla

Red Diabla One of the Regulars

Those of us skating roller derby probably knows this packaging very well for Gumball toe stops:

[​IMG]

14. wish we got some of those products over here but I have noticed a whole bunch of New Zealand things are being relisted in retro packaging.Some soaps ,cereals etc haven't changed much anyway:)I will always take the retro pack,besides things like the coke retro bottle is a lovely little 6 ounce bottle not some huge thing I can't finish.

15. Espee

Espee Practically Family

I don't have very much need for the 7-11 store around the corner, and a few years ago, when it irked me that they couldn't trouble themselves to say Thank You when I did buy something, I tried their competitor across the street. It was an independent convenience store. In there I happened onto some retro glass bottles of Coke, which i believe were 10 ounces. I couldn't resist buying one, for the novelty of it.
    The cashier said, "It doesn't really make sense to buy that... the regular one is bigger and... well, never mind..."

16. Atomic Age

Atomic Age Practically Family

Call me a stooge for Disney, but frankly I'd hate to see just anyone able to make a Mickey Mouse cartoon.

Doug

17. bunnyb.gal

18. TEN PAGES and I'm amazed nobody has mentioned this one yet.

A couple of days ago, I discovered that a number of my personal possessions made of various types of metal had tarnished over the months and years that I'd owned them.

Deciding that this was incredibly unsightly, I hopped down to the local hardware shop and returned with everyone's favourite metal-polish, to give these items a good spit-and-shine.

Ever since its creation in 1905, BRASSO has hardly changed at all.

Brasso Today:

[​IMG]

Edwardian Brasso:

[​IMG]