• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Modern Products with Vintage Style Packaging

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by Miss_Bella_Hell, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Hemingway Jones

Hemingway Jones I'll Lock Up Bartender

image.jpg image.jpg
    My wife and I bought bikes that look vintage. 60s/70s anyhow.

2. Kingsford's Corn Starch

[​IMG]

3. Retro Spectator

Retro Spectator Practically Family

4. LadyBaltimore

LadyBaltimore Familiar Face

I love Ridley's vintage style packaging for children's toys. Here's some examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love those pencils, Retro Spectactor! I put them on my Amazon wish list for Christmas. :eek:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  5. Papperskatt

Papperskatt Practically Family

My toothpaste of choice, Couto, have looked practically the same since 1932.

[​IMG]

Arko shaving soap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. VintageEveryday

VintageEveryday One of the Regulars

I know Murray's pomade is still in its original packaging. and they're promoting "vintage packaging" for M n Ms.

7. We considered a Big Chill refrigerator when we were renovating our kitchen, but it was, unfortunately, too big to fit in the space we had. Even though the Big Chill's vibe is '50s and our kitchen's is '20s (see below - shot toward the end of the renovation), we thought it would work well, but alas, as with many things - it was too hard logistically.

IMG_2584_zpsbkpxf0lu.JPG

The Big Chill we wanted:
    bigchill_largefridge_3q_white-1.jpg

8. MikeKardec

MikeKardec Practically Family

There is a smaller "slim" Big Chill fridge ... might be too small for your needs though. There's the SMEG too.

9. Thank you - and you hit the nail on the head: the Slim Big Chill and the SMEG were too small. Owing to the space - tall but not deep - we had to find a refrigerator that has its compressor, etc., on the top so that the useable space wasn't hindered by the lack of depth overall. For a few months, we looked at every refrigerator on planet earth - it was crazy, but the limited space was a big challenge.

10. So you ended up with a GE Monitor Top?

1934 GE Monitor Top Ad 01.jpg

vitanola likes this.
  11. We would have loved to have done something like that - and looked into it - but my girlfriend is an active cook and baker and really needs as much interior fridge and freezer space as possible, so we ended up with just a boring modern fridge.

12. MikeKardec

MikeKardec Practically Family

I had a lot of trouble finding a fridge, the space in my house was made for a Monitor Top, which if I ever could have found one was, of course, too small for my needs ... not always but certainly several times a year. A remodel is under way and now there will be a Big Chill along with one of their dishwashers. Never had a dishwasher before.

Fading Fast likes this.