Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mom is passing away today

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
My Mother, Thais B. Wigner, 95 years old, is passing away. She has been in a facility for a few days and has been on Hospice there. My heart is just ripped open by this. We all have loved her dearly as we have been taking care of her in our home for the past 6 years and she has always been a sweetheart.

Without the love of my Husband and family (including those of you here that are our family) I don't think I would handle all I do.

Very sad that on Christmas Day I have to lose my Mom.

Daniel says he will ring a small bell for my Mom like in the movie, she can be an Angel and have her wings, so I have to get going to be with her.

3fingers

One Too Many
My Mother, Thais B. Wigner, 95 years old, is passing away. She has been in a facility for a few days and has been on Hospice there. My heart is just ripped open by this. We all have loved her dearly as we have been taking care of her in our home for the past 6 years and she has always been a sweetheart.

Without the love of my Husband and family (including those of you here that are our family) I don't think I would handle all I do.

Daniel says he will ring a small bell for my Mom like in the movie, she can be an Angel and have her wings, so I have to get going to be with her.
God bless your Mom and you and your family during this time.

My deepest sympathies. Knowing how generous you are in responding to people on this site, I can only image how wonderful your mother was as, at minimum, we know she raised a lovely daughter.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom Cindy. 95 years is a good long life, and I am sure she lived it to the fullest. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family. God bless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Cindy, I read this last night and didn't reply. I was at a loss for words, and still am to a point. I can only extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Cindy, so sorry to hear the end is near on the time you have left with your mother. May the pain you feel soon be replaced with fond memories thru the yrs.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
So sorry to hear this. May your faith support you and your dear mother in these difficult hours, and may His everlasting love bring comfort to you and family.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Grief is the last act of love we have to give to those we love. Where there is deep grief, there was great love.
Brooke Matthews wrote: "My mom taught me many things in life, except how to get through life without her."
From across an ocean, I pray that you are granted the grace to cope, and to deal with the pain that you must face.
Peace be with you Cindy.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family

Deepest sympathies to you and your family at this time x

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'm very sorry for your loss, Cindy.

When we are born, we come into the world surrounded by a group of people, our family. Our parents, grandparents, siblings, welcome us into a big new world.
If we're lucky, or in your mother's case, very, very lucky, we pass into the next life surrounded by a whole new group of people. All those who welcomed us are gone. Now, we are eased into a new birth by people of our own choosing and creation-- children, grandchildren, great grandchildren. There's comfort in that, I think. God be with your family as you miss her.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I'm very sorry for your loss, Cindy.

When we are born, we come into the world surrounded by a group of people, our family. Our parents, grandparents, siblings, welcome us into a big new world.
If we're lucky, or in your mother's case, very, very lucky, we pass into the next life surrounded by a whole new group of people. All those who welcomed us are gone. Now, we are eased into a new birth by people of our own choosing and creation-- children, grandchildren, great grandchildren. There's comfort in that, I think. God be with your family as you miss her.
Thank you so dearly. I have so much love for everyone, as does Daniel. Daniel had to stay home as he cannot just get up and go, his leg is up in traction yet to heal up his bone transplant and skin grafts. But I called him so he could ring a sleigh bell for my Mom to ask the Lord to give her Angel Wings right when she passed. So on speaker phone we were able to share that moment with my Mother. She asked him a few moments before she passed, "Daniel, please come and get me take me back home"...not a word could express the sorrow, as Daniel was very close to my Mom and he loved her as I did.

Even as my Mom was on Hospice care, it was a painful process as she could not eat any longer as she had lost her ability to swallow, which was the very start of her journey towards death. Hospice was a bit slow in keeping my Mom sedated enough to ease off her pain. I had to struggle with just wanting her to head for Heaven and not suffer any longer so we all said a prayer and a few minutes later I called Daniel and had him on speaker phone. She listened to every word he talked to her, and then she knew we had everything ready for her journey along to Heaven. With a long sob she said she was not afraid and then finally she let go...and we at the care facility all could hear the sleigh bell ring on speaker phone.

I was not able to speak to anyone as my voice had left me at the moment and I had to drive back home in a snow storm viewing the snow covered road with tears running down my face.

I can tell anyone and everyone that the LOVE we all have for each other is the greatest treasure we have to share. My Mom is resting now in the Lords arms, right where she is at peace.

How I can ever thank everyone here is leaving me speechless. I love you all so very much.

Cindy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21