Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montecristi Indiana Jones is ready to model

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Two versions are ready as models...www.panamahat.biz/indianajones.html

VERSION ONE
jonesmcversion1front.jpg

VERSION TWO
version2front.jpg

Some specs on this hat:
Hand woven
Hand blocked
Size_ 60
Crown height_ 6.5 inches
Crown indent height- 5.9 inches
Brim -3.35 inches
Ribbon 1.38 inches

handcut, handsewn leather inner

between 500 and 600 weaves per square inch
Constructive criticism welcomed.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I think it's just the angle of the photo. On his website, the shots from other angles look straight.

I hope you get a bunch of orders from the Indygear crowd. Everybody deserves a decent Montecristi to wear in the summer :)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I think you've got a pair of winning hats, there, Panamabob. I agree, the ribbon should be wider. What other colors of ribbon are you thinking of offering?

Both versions look great, though I think I like #1 just a bit better. They seem quite tall, how would they look on a short guy like myself, 5', 6"?

Wife's been badgering me about getting a straw hat for summer, as she's tired of seeing the sweat roll out from under my felt hat. This looks like just the ticket, and a decent price, too.

Brad Bowers

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
The pictures might look crooked because of the angle of the camera and the guy holding the blue cloth...if you look on the website you will see that the shop is about 10 feet by 10 feet and we don't have a lot of space. We aren't in a resort like Hawaii, New Mexico or Florida!

We can and will scale the hats down (normal Montecristi hats have the crown about 4.5 inches) for anyone.

I'd like the world to know the real prices of these hats too. I don't want to jump on my soapbox and preach, but I see the living conditions of these people and I also see...I could go on and on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider