Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most attractive 30's - 40's movie star (dolls for the guys, guys for the dolls)

Barbara Stanwyck - We'd fight... then make up... then fight some more....

Lena Horne - We'd sing duets.. then make beautiful music together...

Worf

I share you Barbara Stanwyck opinion - she always seemed like someone it would be fun to spend time with - a regular person who happened to be a great actress. And what an actress, even in her sixties on the cheesy (but fun) TV show "The Big Valley" she so out acted the rest of the cast it was embarrassing.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
My vote goes to Gene Tierney as well. And I love this still. Great hat too.

Gene Tierney owned an MG Y Type like mine. The only photo that I could find was a thumbnail, when I expand it out it loses the image. So annoying.
mg y.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I know she has been mentioned here before, but Hedy Lamarr has got to be my favorite, especially in this one of a series of photos.

HedyLamarr98.jpg

I remember when I first saw Dishonored Lady (1947), during her close ups it was like two hands came out of the screen, held my face, and made it impossible for me to look away. I have a recollection of it being hard to breathe, as well.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
I don't know if she has been mentioned before & quite frankly my dears I don't give a damn, Maureen O'Sullivan was/is the sexiest human being ever to appear on screen. Even today ' Tarzan and his mate' (1934) is the most sensually exciting film ever made. No wondor Tarzan couldn't keep his hands off her. :D

I don't know if she has been mentioned before & quite frankly my dears I don't give a damn, Maureen O'Sullivan was/is the sexiest human being ever to appear on screen. Even today ' Tarzan and his mate' (1934) is the most sensually exciting film ever made. No wondor Tarzan couldn't keep his hands off her. :D

You'll get no argument from me - stunningly beautiful woman. She shines in several not-Tarzan pre-codes as well. But re "Tarzan and his Mate," just so that you know (from IMDB, but pretty widely accepted as accurate):

Maureen O'Sullivan does not appear as Jane during the film's famous nude swimming sequence. O'Sullivan is instead doubled by Josephine McKim, a member of the 1928 and 1932 U.S. Womens' Olympic Swim Teams and one of the four U.S. swimmers on that team to win the 1932 gold medal in the 400-Meter Freestyle Relay, setting Olympic and World records. (See Olympic swimming records for 1928 and 1932).​

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I know she has been mentioned here before, but Hedy Lamarr has got to be my favorite, especially in this one of a series of photos.

View attachment 133482

I remember when I first saw Dishonored Lady (1947), during her close ups it was like two hands came out of the screen, held my face, and made it impossible for me to look away. I have a recollection of it being hard to breathe, as well.
Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler, what a gal! She was some physicist. At the beginning of World War II, she and composer George Antheil developed a radio guidance system for Allied torpedoes, which used spread spectrum and frequency hopping technology to defeat the threat of jamming by the Axis powers. Although the US Navy did not adopt the technology until the 1960s, the principles of their work are incorporated into Bluetooth technology and similar to methods used in legacy versions of CDMA and Wi-Fi. This work led to their induction into the National Inventors Hall of Fame in 2014. Beauty & brains, more like two brains.

MondoFW

Practically Family
My pick would be Rita Hayworth. She was something else. As for a dude, Farley Granger was a pretty good-looking guy.

Edward

Bartender
So, so many attractive ladies from that period. I'e always had a weakness for the obvious ones - Marlene Dietrich, Greta Garbo, Lauren Bacall, Bettie Page. Had boys been my bag, I reckon it would have been hard to look past a Johny Strabler era Brando, though Bogie in The Big Sleep oozes charm, with the chemistry between him and Bacall being like nothing else I've ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk