Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most Depressing movies you've seen?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
As the O.P. I've learned a lot in this thread. "Inchon" never would've thought of it. As big a war movie bug as I am I must've been blind noo..... now I remember I was finishing up my Bachelors in college and didn't have time for movies. Hmmm Okay that explains it. Yes. "Angela's Ashes" was depressing. I knew plenty of folks that LOVED the book I even saw McCort speak here at a writers forum. Very entertaining man, how he lived through it all I'll never know. Lot's of good information here... on what to avoid!

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Damage" - It's depressing in every sense of the word. Like watching the Titanic slip beneath the waves and there's nothing you can do about it.

Worf

I read the book first -the film (very faithful to the text) is even moreso, I think, due to the visual impact. Probably the most convincing depiction of a future post-Apocalyptic society I've ever seen.

Definitely not the standard Hollywood post-apocalypse. And although bleak, it was entertaining and worth the watch.

Edward

Bartender
Definitely not the standard Hollywood post-apocalypse. And although bleak, it was entertaining and worth the watch.

Agreed. It was also nice, for once, to see a post-apocalyptic future in which everyone didn't suddenly want to dress up like a Mad Max theme night in a fetish club.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Agreed. It was also nice, for once, to see a post-apocalyptic future in which everyone didn't suddenly want to dress up like a Mad Max theme night in a fetish club.

SPEW! I lose more cups of coffee this way. LOL! Thanks for implanting THAT image in my head this morning.

Worf

Edward

Bartender
Gongi backwards - and, I'll grant you, of-mqinstream - I find far more of intert to me in Seventies fashion than in the eighties. Both decades, of course, saw revivals of Fifties and other, earlier styles, too.

I add my voice to this choir. I have nightsweats and flashbacks of things I wore then...elephant bells, rayon floral print shirts...tie dyed T shirts....the horror....the horror. Thank god much of it is now buried in landfills.

The patterned shirts were just horrible. I agree. Elephant Bells!? I had just finally forgotten about those. Gee, thanks.:eeek::eusa_doh::p

Even in landfills, if you listen closely, you can still hear muffled Donna Summer music coming from the 70s toxic waste. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points