Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most distintive beard style for 50+

A "seasoned man" with any sense of history & where he came from should grow & experience a long Victorian beard. It's not a commitment to be taken lightly & if you have to asked your wife first, forget about it. Some of my favorites:

906a1c015f.jpg

906988d22c.jpg

906aa0ddde.jpg

9069aae2ac.jpg

906a00b892.jpg

906996d3b0.jpg

9069e084dc.jpg

906ae9ef93.jpg

906b2c80a0.png

906ac211a7.jpg

906a3a8cde.jpg

906a33dc4c.jpg

9069f68053.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I sport a well-trimmed "Commander Riker" style beard. (I grew mine months before Jonathan Frakes premiered his.)

Riker_01.jpg
Though I have been thinking of going full alternate-universe Spock, and trying a goatee:

spock goatee.jpg
Something as long as the gentlemen wear in the previous posts, well, I just can't imagine it.

I'm a fan of just letting it grow; that's what it does naturally...
I'd like to grow mine long one of these years just to see what happens, but at the moment there are two things stopping me. First, my beard is quite curly, and when I've gotten lazy about trimming it starts to look like this:

Crepe_Hair_Beard_zpssepb1tua.jpg

Second, my wife has tolerated a lot of my nonsense over the years, but she has told me in no uncertain terms that she does not like long beards and that if I grew mine out it would be the thing that would finally make her file for divorce. My life is better with her in it, so I don't want to force the issue. Maybe one of these years when I'm feeling lucky. ;)

Nope. Where I live, this a fairly common 'do' for those that are 'shelter-challenged.' And yes, I realize that that photo could very well be not representative of that gentleman's usual style, if it is real at all.
Anyone can see that picture is someone trying to be a hobbit or something. That's fake as hell.

Yes Gents, it is a fake beard. The image shows a young lady practicing the craft of applying crepe hair in order to create a beard (and eyebrows) for a stage performer. It is essentially a "Step 1 - Glue it to the actor's face" illustration and would subsequently be trimmed into whichever style is required (unless "bushy and unkempt" is the style they're going for), but it was the best photo I could find during a quick search to illustrate the point I was attempting to make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana