Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

John Carradine in "Stagecoach" (1939)

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

Samuel

Practically Family
Why do you think we buy open-crown hats?

Many a C-crown has been shaped by hand. It does not have to be blocked by a factory to be a C-crown. A C-crown is a C-crown no matter how the crease was made.
Many afficianados prefer to crease their hats by hand. Bogart was probably one of these. Perfection is seldom achieved and that is as it should be. If everyone had a perfectly creased hat, there would be no room for individuality. The individuality of each combination of hat and wearer is the sublime basis of the art of wearing a hat with style and panache.
Strive for perfection, knowing that there is always more to achieve, for the joy is in the attempt.
-------------------------------

Excellent point about individuality, I love hand bashing my hats and reshaping them after the fact.

Castor Dioscuri

New in Town

I actually purchased two Baron hats over the summer; one Man in Black, and one Teddy (both from Westworld). I must say, after reading the reviews of Barons hats from the lounge, I was quite nervous.

But having them in hand, I must say that I'm actually quite impressed. Every request I made was met and then some, and they were very consistent in responding to my emails.

I do have several Adventurebilts from Steve, a Texas Hatter, and a VS, and the quality to me is comparable with those guys.

Came with a CoA that is cute but useless for my purposes, and I personally think that while it's an expensive company, the pricing is in line with AB and Texas Hatters, and considering the overhead, I can see why.

The only complaint is that they made a small change to one of the hats that I did not specifically request, but was in a reference photo I had sent. But I guess there's worse things than being proactive...

Can't speak for their other stuff, but I would highly recommend their Westworld hats.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
To live to be 91 is a good long life! RIP.
from something i read earlier -
The last thing he said echoed in my head for days afterwards and echoes even louder in the immediate wake of Harry's death. “You get older. In the end, you end up accepting everything in your life – suffering, horror, love, loss, hate – all of it. It’s all a movie, anyway. [Closing his eyes] ‘A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.’ Great line, eh? That’s life, right there.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana