Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Quote Game

Hey, I admit to it, what's the problem? Seriously, the real heroes were the guys in short sleeves and ties, and any steely-eyed missile man would tell you so... lol

Okay, here's one, another recent "softball":
Mickey: "What's the torch for?"
Frank: "2000 degrees, Mick. Enough to turn steel into butter. [sighs] It won't hurt at first. It's too hot, you see? The flame sears the nerve endings shut, killing them. You'll go into shock... and all you'll feel is... cold. Isn't science fun, Mickey?"

Buddy

New in Town
BegintheBeguine said:
Is it Hitchcock's Mr. and Mrs. Smith?
Sorry, it's from So Proudly We Hail. The dumb but handsome marine "Kansas" had a running gag through the film: "Oh I never..." catch cold, get sunburned, etc and he'd show up the next scene sneezing or burned, or what have you.

Of course it turned a bit sadder at the end, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Okay, here's one, another recent "softball":
Mickey: "What's the torch for?"
Frank: "2000 degrees, Mick. Enough to turn steel into butter. [sighs] It won't hurt at first. It's too hot, you see? The flame sears the nerve endings shut, killing them. You'll go into shock... and all you'll feel is... cold. Isn't science fun, Mickey?"

The Punisher with Tom Jane...

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
"Whenever some pretty girl starts to bother me I just close my eyes and say, One times one is one. One times two is two. One times three is three, and all the through to the eights. Usually, I only get the sixes and they get disgusted and walk away."

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Buddy said:
Sorry, it's from So Proudly We Hail. The dumb but handsome marine "Kansas" had a running gag through the film: "Oh I never..." catch cold, get sunburned, etc and he'd show up the next scene sneezing or burned, or what have you.

Of course it turned a bit sadder at the end, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.
Oh, don't be sorry, Buddy. That's a good movie, I must watch it again.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Not exactly Golden Era...but hey...

"Clothes make the man. I believe that. You say to me you want to go shopping, you want to buy clothes, but you don't know what kind. You leave that hanging in the air, like I'm going to fill in the blank, that to me is like asking me who you are, and I don't know who you are, I don't want to know. It's taken me my whole life to find out who I am, and I'm tired now, you hear what I'm saying? "

Ripper

Familiar Face
Miss Neecerie said:
"Clothes make the man. I believe that. You say to me you want to go shopping, you want to buy clothes, but you don't know what kind. You leave that hanging in the air, like I'm going to fill in the blank, that to me is like asking me who you are, and I don't know who you are, I don't want to know. It's taken me my whole life to find out who I am, and I'm tired now, you hear what I'm saying? "

Joe Versus the Volcano ;) Love that movie.

Ripper

Familiar Face
Prairie Dog said:
"Whenever some pretty girl starts to bother me I just close my eyes and say, One times one is one. One times two is two. One times three is three, and all the through to the eights. Usually, I only get the sixes and they get disgusted and walk away."

Follow That Dream ?

CAL-NOIR

Vendor
Can i sneak in ...

Ok i haven't answered any yet , i just had to read 18 blinkin' pages so as not to run the risk of repeating .....

" I think alligators have the right idea, they eat their young"

Buddy

New in Town
BegintheBeguine said:
Oh, don't be sorry, Buddy. That's a good movie, I must watch it again.
It really is, isn't it? I think that's the film that really made me take a second look at Claudette Colbert. And Veronica Lake was ..uh.. so very un-Veronica Lake! [huh]

Buddy

New in Town
CAL-NOIR said:
Ok i haven't answered any yet , i just had to read 18 blinkin' pages so as not to run the risk of repeating .....

" I think alligators have the right idea, they eat their young"
Sorry I missed this - that's my girl Eve Arden in Mildred Pierce. I love them wise cracking, cynical blondes. :D

I tried to find any quotes from "My Dream Is Yours" by Eve Arden, but couldn't find anything printed and haven't seen the film for a while, so instead I'll go with:

"I'm a dipsomaniac, and I'm proud of it"

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
SamMarlowPI said:
Here's an easy one:
"Nobody knows anybody. Not that well."
Miller's Crossing

New quote~
"By the way, my ski shoes and hockey mask will be up on the next train along with the polo pony. I understand the countryside abounds here with wild game: flamingoes... wine wombats... Indian civets."

MPicciotto

Practically Family
"By the way, my ski shoes and hockey mask will be up on the next train along with the polo pony. I understand the countryside abounds here with wild game: flamingoes... wine wombats... Indian civets."

I dunno but it sounds like something Groucho Marx would say...

Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points