Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies that you would love to own all the costuming from.

I haven't watched that show. Might need to look into it. :)

Fantastic historical drama - well-written stories (with multiple-and-intricate sub-plots developed over several episodes), well-drawn characters and beautiful period sets - that did get renewed, but that doesn't get much press. I think, based on the other shows you mentioned, you would really enjoy this one. And the clothes - men's and women's - are beautiful.

green papaya

One Too Many
old war movies like OBJECTIVE BURMA , GUADALCANAL DIARY, KELLY'S HEROES, GREEN BERETS, APOCALYPSE NOW, ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT, THE BIG RED ONE

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Not a movie, but any episode of Jeeves and Wooster. Bertie was a bit of a twit, but his wardrobe - GENIUS!
Second that, but which series do you mean? That of Ian Carmichael (Wooster) and Dennis Price (Jeeves) or the later version with Fry & Laurie? The original was in black and white, didn't detract from Wooster's wardrobe though.

cm289

One of the Regulars
Manhattan Melodrama, The Sting, The Great Gatsby (w/ Leo), Road to Perdition, Public Enemies, The Dark Knight, Inception, Chinatown, Gods and Generals, Patton, Der Untergang (Downfall), and what the heck, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Go big or go home, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
The Godfather, Part II. Years after seeing the original, I've finally gotten around to seeing Part II and III (I didn't even bother finishing III). Part II is a Newsboy cap heaven!

Manhattan Melodrama, The Sting, The Great Gatsby (w/ Leo), Road to Perdition, Public Enemies, The Dark Knight, Inception, Chinatown, Gods and Generals, Patton, Der Untergang (Downfall), and what the heck, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Go big or go home, right?

Me reading your post (in red),

Manhattan Melodrama, Yup
The Sting, Yup
The Great Gatsby (w/ Leo), Yup
Road to Perdition, A super Yup
Public Enemies, Another super Yup
The Dark Knight, Interesting, but I get it
Inception, Haven't seen it
Chinatown, Yup
Gods and Generals, Haven't seen it
Patton, Der Untergang (Downfall), Have't seen it
and what the heck, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Really! the Enterprise costumes or Khan's?

cm289

One of the Regulars
Me reading your post (in red),

Manhattan Melodrama, Yup
The Sting, Yup
The Great Gatsby (w/ Leo), Yup
Road to Perdition, A super Yup
Public Enemies, Another super Yup
The Dark Knight, Interesting, but I get it
Inception, Haven't seen it
Chinatown, Yup
Gods and Generals, Haven't seen it
Patton, Der Untergang (Downfall), Have't seen it
and what the heck, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Really! the Enterprise costumes or Khan's?

The Starfleet uniforms. I like sharp looking military dress, and I'm a Star Trek fan, so it seemed the thing to do. Gods and Generals has a great variety of Civil War uniforms, and Patton and Downfall have WWII covered.

On a side note, if you can stand subtitled movies, you really should see Downfall. It's about Hitler's last days in the bunker. The actor that portrays him did a brilliant job.

The Starfleet uniforms. I like sharp looking military dress, and I'm a Star Trek fan, so it seemed the thing to do. Gods and Generals has a great variety of Civil War uniforms, and Patton and Downfall have WWII covered.

On a side note, if you can stand subtitled movies, you really should see Downfall. It's about Hitler's last days in the bunker. The actor that portrays him did a brilliant job.

Subtitles don't both me at all, after 3 minutes, I don't even notice that I'm reading them. I will look for "Downfall," I have heard of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider