Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies you wished you had never watched.

Amazing to see who hates movies I liked/loved and vice-versa. Just goes to show ya! I think it's good though. Makes the world go 'round.

Noirblack

One of the Regulars
Any of the three Star Wars prequel movies. I was only able to sit through one and a half of these. What I could bear was unimaginably boring. I hear they are about to be released in 3D. I'll be skipping them.

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer

Same here. Such a lot of ugliness, everyone had raved, and I still wish I'd never seen it.

There is a male rape scene in that, though it's really very brief and I wouldn't call it at all explicit.... YMMV, though.

Male or female, rape is rape.

2001. It has a great score and some lovely photography. and about enough plot to sustain a five minute short. Dull, dull, dull.

I KNOW! Omg. I can admit there is a certain genius to the film, that did not make it entertaining!

Wish I'd never seen the Star Wars prequel I did see, the first. I still say there were only three Star Wars films.

I always skip past it in Deliverance. I've actually never watched that scene in the movie. I grew up watching the movie with my folks and they would go past it. I hate when they gotta go and throw filth like that into movies.

I would prefer they don't always put sex scenes in all these movies. It makes it very hard to enjoy watching any movies with my family, you know? I know, that's very Victorian of me.

The Accused and Deliverance also have rape scenes that disturbed me no end - the only thing is, that even though both are fine movies that could stand repeat viewing, knowing these particular scenes are coming up makes me not want to watch both movies ever again.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I would prefer they don't always put sex scenes in all these movies. It makes it very hard to enjoy watching any movies with my family, you know? I know, that's very Victorian of me.

I know! I always found it completely mortifying if I was watching a movie with my parents and a sex scene came on - my parents would tut and say "why do they have to put that into movies?!" then change the channel and then go back in a couple of minutes when they were sure it was over and watch the rest of it - I just remember trying to sink further into my chair and wishing the moment gone!

Any of the three Star Wars prequel movies. I was only able to sit through one and a half of these. What I could bear was unimaginably boring. I hear they are about to be released in 3D. I'll be skipping them.

The most annoying Star Wars characters: Jar Jar Binks and the Ewoks (Galactic teddy bears -- really brilliant! :doh:)

Flicka

One Too Many
I know! I always found it completely mortifying if I was watching a movie with my parents and a sex scene came on - my parents would tut and say "why do they have to put that into movies?!" then change the channel and then go back in a couple of minutes when they were sure it was over and watch the rest of it - I just remember trying to sink further into my chair and wishing the moment gone!

My mother just watches and occasionally comments. I'm probably a lot more embarrassed than she is. I don't know why; I'm never bothered around anyone else. :)

Edward

Bartender

The Phantom Menace in three dimensions.... with extra suck.

Star Wars died the day Greedo shot first. The unnecessarily tampered-with "Special" Editions were the killer blow, really, but after those shoddy prequels I have no interest even in the unadulterated, original versions. Totally dead brand.

Male or female, rape is rape.

I didn't intend to imply otherwise.

The most annoying Star Wars characters: Jar Jar Binks and the Ewoks (Galactic teddy bears -- really brilliant! :doh:)

The Ewoks were created to replace wookies. The original story draft had wookies in the third part, but Lucas wanted to have a wookie in there and created Chewbacca for the first film in case he didn't get to make any more. Then he decided when it came to the third that having a tribe of uncivilised wookies wouldn't convine with Chewbacca in the first two, so he created the Ewoks to fill that slot. Ho hum.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...I would prefer they don't always put sex scenes in all these movies. It makes it very hard to enjoy watching any movies with my family, you know? I know, that's very Victorian of me.

AH! I know it. Why ruin a perfectly good movie with a needless sex scene? Sex is easily implied in film without the camera lingering on naked bodies and loose cotton sheets fluttering. Can't stand it!

I loved Deliverance. Problem was, I grew up with John Voight's family (brother, nieces, etc.) so I didn't have the distance from it I otherwise would have. It's brutal - even today it stands as one rough film to watch. I wonder if it hits women the same way it hits guys though? Every guy I know cringes (usually whilst making squeal like a pig jokes) at the mention of it...

I just watch the waterhead with the banjo scene. :p
It is amazing to watch when you know that the banjo is being played by a guy behind the kid with only his arms showing. :p
[video=youtube_share;myhnAZFR1po]http://youtu.be/myhnAZFR1po[/video]

Edward

Bartender
AH! I know it. Why ruin a perfectly good movie with a needless sex scene? Sex is easily implied in film without the camera lingering on naked bodies and loose cotton sheets fluttering. Can't stand it!

Don't have to be a puritan to feel like that, neither. If anything it's considerably sexier to conceal rather than reveal - tease, not titillate. TBH, I don't see why cinema bothers with the notion of "sex sells" any more. Surely is all one wanted was sex, much more explicit content is available much more easily and freely online, and in the comfort of your own home?

Last edited:
I always skip past it in Deliverance. I've actually never watched that scene in the movie. I grew up watching the movie with my folks and they would go past it. I hate when they gotta go and throw filth like that into movies.

The fact is in Deliverence the sex scene is not a sex scenebut one of extreme violence. This would be difficult to only suggest a reall challange to portry by merely hinting at it. Without it our heros would be simply murdering backwoods Americans. remember these people exist and are seen on Jerry Springer regularly. Rumour has it they are actually related to Dog the Bounty Hunter.

It is amazing to watch when you know that the banjo is being played by a guy behind the kid with only his arms showing. :p

Worse than that - at that time, my father was learning banjo (5-string) and I heard a constant flow of "Flatt and Scruggs" from his den. I was tortured twice! :)

Edward

Bartender

[video=youtube;M6GHh6xnNJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6GHh6xnNJ0[/video]

I love this scene, check out that sweet Country Squire in the background. I grew up on Flatt and Scruggs, so I love that banjo pickin'!

Exactly! What happened to the days of the couple would start kissing and they'd pan over to the curtains?

TraditionalFrog

One of the Regulars
Groundhog Day. That was the most annoying thing. I was attending boarding school at that time and got conned in to going by other students as they were one short (had to have so many students for the trip to go). Anyway, didn't realize it until after I returned, but it WAS actually Groundhog Day....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112