Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies you're stunned that people haven't seen....

Metatron

One Too Many
Great director but whew... a mind perhaps only a mother could love! He has a LOOOONG way to go to match the level of mental cocern I have about the sanity of certian Directors like John Waters or David Lynch but he's not far off. When Herzog and actor Klaus Kinski get together wild, wonderful things happen. I remember seeing "Aguirre - Wrath of God" after college and being profoundly moved. One scene has stayed with me forever. Aguirre is rafting his fellow Conquistadors down a river in Latin America. As they drift by a village, children excitedly begin shouting to their parents and pointing at Aguirre's party. Curious, Aguirre asks his translator what the children are saying.

"What are they saying?"
"'Look look at all the meat floating down the river.''

Herzog is not my fave director but he NEVER leaves me bored.

Worf

Yeah there's something about the minimalist approach of those films. They are quite light on plot, but full of powerful imagery and poetry... Have you seen 'Stroszek'? Without Kinski, but probably my favourite Herzog film i've watched so far.

I haven't watched any Waters films, but I find some of Lynch's work unwatchable! :eusa_doh: I love Dune though.
I'd add Lars Von Trier to your list of 'damaged' directors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21