Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moving The Hat Collection

The Wizard Bob Myers

New in Town
I really have searched for an answer to this, maybe not hard enough. If that's so, I apologize.
I'm going to be moving out of the country (US to Mexico) and need to pack my straw and felt cowboy hats, straw and felt Trilbys, fedoras, and skinny brims to be shipped along with electronics, musical instruments, clothing, and anything else I think will keep me occupied in retirement in Mexico. Any ideas on how to transport my hats with the most protection in the least space? Thanks for your ideas.
Bob

I really have searched for an answer to this, maybe not hard enough. If that's so, I apologize.
I'm going to be moving out of the country (US to Mexico) and need to pack my straw and felt cowboy hats, straw and felt Trilbys, fedoras, and skinny brims to be shipped along with electronics, musical instruments, clothing, and anything else I think will keep me occupied in retirement in Mexico. Any ideas on how to transport my hats with the most protection in the least space? Thanks for your ideas.
Bob
I have shipped multiple hats in one cardboard box, stacked, to no ill effect but only over a short distance. The voids were packed with paper so to eliminate moving about. They sat together in the box for no more than a few days. Obviously shipping in their original hat boxes are the "best" way but as you know that takes up a ton of room.

Place a protective sheet of plastic wrap between the stacked ones to protect the one on the bottom. BIG difference. Not on straws, though. They will dent or distort much more easily.

God luck; happy retirement!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points