Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

I've already posted pics of Billy Gibbons, but this time it's ZZ Top. One of my all time favorites. Photos during Rio Grande Mud tour and Fandango. While I was working at a western store in the 70s, a limousine pulled in. A heavy set gentleman, wearing nice western clothes came in. Said he was in town with a band that was performing. He bought some high end clothes and boots and said his crew would be back for some clothing. Later the limousine came back filled with long haired cowboys. They bought everything from boots to buck knives. One asked if I would match a scarf to a suit the singer wore. Of course I said yes, and he brought in the suit. I almost hit the floor when I saw that it was Nudie suit with the state of Texas on the back. They were the road crew for ZZ Top. Great guys, all of them. We shot the bull quite a while. Kiss was opening for them and they were not pleased. One said, that guy that pukes blood may get his ass kicked yet!
I saw them during their Tejas tour, a couple years later.
c3f89047b9a87a840293f7cf7acd1bf7.jpg
da1e759fac20fe8a4f35c6ebd62d5961.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Kiss and ZZ Top? Strange bedfellows.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ