Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I hate you so much right now [emoji14]

Actually saw the Pie thrice after they reformed (twice in bars) and Steve Marriott's All-Stars once.

Wish Steve was still with us.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Lol. Dont hate me too much...
Saw Hendrix at Woolsey Hall (Yale Univ) cap abt 2500. Cream and Allmans Bros (with Duane) at New Haven (small) Arena. Zep (with Bonham) at Yale Bowl. Blind Faith in Bridgport but would've really liked to have seen Pie in a small room. Musta been killer good.

Lol. Dont hate me too much...
Saw Hendrix at Woolsey Hall (Yale Univ) cap abt 2500. Cream and Allmans Bros (with Duane) at New Haven (small) Arena. Zep (with Bonham) at Yale Bowl. Blind Faith in Bridgport but would've really liked to have seen Pie in a small room. Musta been killer good.

Impressive. You have a couple years on me and the advantage of the East Coast scene. When I was a kid, not many big acts played Dayton. No Jimi, Eric, or anything by the time I was getting into it. My first show was November 1974. The Mothers with Trower opening.

Frank damaged me from the start...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Impressive. You have a couple years on me and the advantage of the East Coast scene. When I was a kid, not many big acts played Dayton. No Jimi, Eric, or anything by the time I was getting into it. My first show was November 1974. The Mothers with Trower opening.

Frank damaged me from the start...

Lol. But theres so much I've missed. So much.

John Hartford R.I.P.
image.jpeg

I think I'd give my hat collection to see Moonie play the Pictures Of Lily drum kit live and feel that Tsunami that was the Who in person

They were impressive with Kenny Jones; I saw them several times with him. Zak Starkey I saw with them, I think twice. While Jones is an excellent drummer, Starkey seems to have some of that tornado in a bottle to his style. He "fits" a bit better than Jones did.

BTW - what constitutes the Pictures of Lily drum kit?

One of my younger sisters saw them the night of the tragedy at Riverfront Coliseum, Cincinnati.

That was Jones' first tour, the first without Moon. Weird effin' night, man. And believe it or not, that was the second scariest rock crowd I was in. Saw a Tull show here in Dayton that was basically a chaotic melee for a few hours.

keith_moon_the_who.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
They were impressive with Kenny Jones; I saw them several times with him. Zak Starkey I saw with them, I think twice. While Jones is an excellent drummer, Starkey seems to have some of that tornado in a bottle to his style. He "fits" a bit better than Jones did.

BTW - what constitutes the Pictures of Lily drum kit?

I agree with you assessment of Zak

...and

imgres.jpg

images.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I know that one. Once saw him on Midnight Special and he had a fish tank in one of his floor toms. He never hit it, though, and I was disappointed.
I've seen that footage a bunch ... he and Ringo were together I believe ... all drunk ...
and Keiths solo was awful ....hahahah

I love that guy so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112