Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

920x1240.jpg

vanessa-ferguson-performing-dont-let-me-down-by-chainsmokers-voice-season-12.jpg

636256180201640526-voice0276.jpg

We don't watch "The Voice" but it was on last night when we were eating out. Noticed some headgear amongst the contestants.

That seems to be a semi-recent addition to his wardrobe. For years he was known for his fondness for ball caps; specifically John Deere's green ball caps.

Seasick_Steve_John_Deere_Cap_zpsyesarkmv.jpg
It's in support of his new double album "Keepin' the Horse Between Me and the Ground". Whether it will be a permanent change or not remains to be seen.

It's in support of his new double album "Keepin' the Horse Between Me and the Ground". Whether it will be a permanent change or not remains to be seen.
Yeah, I had noticed that. He doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would "play dress up" as part of a marketing scheme designed to sell more albums and CDs, but who knows? He's getting up in years, and now that he's had some money rolling in for a while he might be thinking about leaving something for his wife and sons when he's gone. If wearing a western hat helps to accomplish that goal, so be it.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
a musician in a hat hacking away at a song written by a musician who always wears a hat

I got to the studio early this morning and was feeling froggy so I figured I would try to not completely destroy Hanks song ...
here is proof that this drummer should stay away from guitars and singing

my favorite Hank Jr. song

Old habits

... and how it's supposed to be done :)

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
a musician in a hat hacking away at a song written by a guy who always wears a hat

I got to the studio early this morning and was feeling froggy so I figured I would try to not completely destroy Hanks song ...

Old habits

Thx for sharing some Hank. It's real. I don't think he put it down much differently when he wrote it.

Wesslyn

Practically Family
a musician in a hat hacking away at a song written by a guy who always wears a hat

Old habits

Dude that was great!
Clean strumming. Better singing voice than most. You could be a one man band.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
a musician in a hat hacking away at a song written by a musician who always wears a hat

Old habits

... and how it's supposed to be done :)

WOW Anthony ! That was great ! I love Old Habits (Song) . You Put It Down Right . Talented (Multi) !

Old habits...
If this whole drumming thing doesn't work out, you could start busking for some pocket change. :D

But seriously, there was nothing wrong with that performance. Solid guitar technique, and your voice suits the song very well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider