Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My 1st Traditional Quiver Project

Moonshine

New in Town
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to post my 1st traditional archery quiver which turned out to be a fun project. Nothing fantastic, just 3 pieces of leather held together by copper rivets and lace with a nice Coyote fur trim on the top! The body of the quiver is made up of 9-10 oz. cow and the strap is horse hide, so it should withstand a bomb blast with little to no damage! The pics came after a healthy dose of Neat’s Foot Oil and the natural leather should patina fantastically with use over time. I just wish I would have had some cedar arrows for the photos! Thanks for looking!

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Very nice indeed. Any plans for making other items such as belts, holsters, or knife sheaths? I'd be interested, and I think quite a few other members here would too.

tomtom42

New in Town
Hi Moonshine,

that quiver looks very nice ! Looks like some piece of gear old Howard Hill himself would have been very happy to own...
It will only get more amazing after a few years of heavy use and a healthy patina :)
Now just make a few nice woodies for a consistent look :) Some barreled cedars with 4 or 5 inch feathers would be an excellent match...
Great work!

br,
T°M

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points