Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Double Breasted Suit

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Brooksie said:
HJ-Here is from yet another women's perspective... awsome, suit it looks great! You don't need a tan but this is coming from another person who is lilly white also.

Brooksie
Thanks Brooksie, I appreciate your opinion. Yes, there's not much tanning to be done in Boston these days. :)

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Senator Jack said:
Perhaps I'm reading it with an unintended tone, but 'he may be' sounds like a statement of agreement. If I am misinterpreting, then I apologize to Orgetorix.

Regards,

Senator Jack

More a statement of charity than agreement. Read it as, "Even if what you say were true, nonetheless..." I don't, in fact, happen to agree with Marcello. Marc Chevalier, Baron Kurtz, and Matt Deckard do indeed know quite a bit about fitting clothing, as do Will, Manton, yourself, and a goodish number of others. I was trying to make a point about Marcello's behavior, not about anyone's sartorial knowledge--perhaps I wasn't clear enough. My apologies.

At any rate, Hem, it's a great suit! :)

Brooksie

One Too Many
There is not much tanning to be done here on the Oregon Coast either! It is more likely a person will mildew before they tan with all the rain we get here!

Brooksie

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not wishing to revive the issue, but as a member at SF as well, I just wanted to point out that from what I can find there is no member named 'marcello' there. And for that matter, every board has its less than polite members. Even Fedora Lounge.

HJ, the suit looks great. There does appear to be a gap in a couple of the pics, but you have to decide whether it's worth the bother or cost to address it. I have suits and sport coats that aren't perfect, but they're close enough that the added expense isn't worth it to me to fix. I have limited resources, and have to prioritize where to place them.

I can guarantee this, wear that suit as pictured and you're better dressed than 99% of the men I see.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
AlanC said:
HJ, the suit looks great. There does appear to be a gap in a couple of the pics, but you have to decide whether it's worth the bother or cost to address it. I have suits and sport coats that aren't perfect, but they're close enough that the added expense isn't worth it to me to fix. I have limited resources, and have to prioritize where to place them.

I can guarantee this, wear that suit as pictured and you're better dressed than 99% of the men I see.
Thank you, AlanC. I appreciate the feedback. You make excellent points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112