• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

My new Dave Sheeley custom jacket -- lots of pics!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by lina, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Guppy

Guppy One Too Many

Looks fantastic, and a perfect fit for the wearer. Congrats!

jonesy86, tmitchell59 and lina like this.
  2. lina

lina One of the Regulars

I don't think so, but Terry may know more...

And thanks Terry for fixing my pictures above!

jonesy86 and tmitchell59 like this.
  3. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

This is my favorite jacket of 2017. And it's nearing the end of the year so you are set to win. Really, really great. Don't change a thing. The length is fine.

jonesy86, tmitchell59 and lina like this.
  4. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

Man, the more I look at this jacket the more I like it. It's not too tight, and not too short. Just what I have been looking for. Stitching is pretty cool. I am learning about Monarchs. The more I learn, the more I like them.

tmitchell59 and lina like this.
  5. Very nice indeed. The fit looks great. I've been looking at these sort of mid length jackets idly for a while now. I'm in no hurry to buy, but if I did chance across one used, I think I might dabble. I really like that this one has that little bit of length, but it just looks, well, just so. The higher-up handwarmers are a clever design-touch, which I would not have thought of - I'm not sure you could have sold me on the idea without seeing it, but they look good. I also very much like the lapel / collar shape. It's a jacket that in one way wouldn't be wholly out of place in the Aero line-up, and yet it's also not a jacket that looks in any way derivative of anything aero have put out. Which is to say it's nice to see somebody donig something that looks that high end but - in what often seems to me to be an oversaturated market place - is also its own thing, not just another jacket the same as what somebosdy else is already doing. Enjoy it!

jonesy86 and lina like this.
  6. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

Well put. I don't see anyone else doing too many mid length jackets, that aren't skin tight, and with styles and collars that look just like all the other makers. Might have to wait a while to find one on the second hand market.

lina likes this.
  7. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

Might have to have Dave make me one.

Maverickson and lina like this.
  8. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 One Too Many

I am not aware that Dave has a website. The jacket is too nice to look at sideways!

lina likes this.
  9. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 One Too Many

I'll try to get together with Dave and do a write up on Monarch Manufacturing. I've got several of their jackets and one coming in the mail that will amaze. Just bought it last night.

Dave has had many of them apart, so knows them in and out. They made jackets for other labels and with no label. If you just look for the label you may miss one.

Dave and I have had many discussions about the Monarch brand. He is re-making one of my Monarchs in the near future.

jonesy86 and El Marro like this.
  10. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

A Mitchel/Sheeley collaboration Monarch may be the next hot thing! I gotta get in on this!:)

11. Guppy

Guppy One Too Many

Mitcheeley would be a sweet brand :)

tmitchell59 and jonesy86 like this.
  12. lina

lina One of the Regulars

Including here some close up pics, showing labels and lining and some of the details of the stitching:

Sheeley jacket labels.JPG Sheeley jacket labels 2.JPG Sheeley jacket details 1.JPG Sheeley jacket details 2.JPG Sheeley jacket details 3.JPG Sheeley jacket details 4.JPG

bretron and El Marro like this.
  13. handymike

handymike My Mail is Forwarded Here

Really nice!
    Love the Pendleton plaid for the lining.

bretron and lina like this.
  14. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

That stick work looks incredible!

lina likes this.
  15. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

Stich

16. How bout: Stitch..?? o_O;)

17. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

I'll learn how to spell someday. Spell auto-correct doesn't help sometimes.:)