Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Dave Sheeley custom jacket -- lots of pics!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Man, the more I look at this jacket the more I like it. It's not too tight, and not too short. Just what I have been looking for. Stitching is pretty cool. I am learning about Monarchs. The more I learn, the more I like them.

Edward

Bartender
Very nice indeed. The fit looks great. I've been looking at these sort of mid length jackets idly for a while now. I'm in no hurry to buy, but if I did chance across one used, I think I might dabble. I really like that this one has that little bit of length, but it just looks, well, just so. The higher-up handwarmers are a clever design-touch, which I would not have thought of - I'm not sure you could have sold me on the idea without seeing it, but they look good. I also very much like the lapel / collar shape. It's a jacket that in one way wouldn't be wholly out of place in the Aero line-up, and yet it's also not a jacket that looks in any way derivative of anything aero have put out. Which is to say it's nice to see somebody donig something that looks that high end but - in what often seems to me to be an oversaturated market place - is also its own thing, not just another jacket the same as what somebosdy else is already doing. Enjoy it!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Very nice indeed. The fit looks great. I've been looking at these sort of mid length jackets idly for a while now. I'm in no hurry to buy, but if I did chance across one used, I think I might dabble. I really like that this one has that little bit of length, but it just looks, well, just so. The higher-up handwarmers are a clever design-touch, which I would not have thought of - I'm not sure you could have sold me on the idea without seeing it, but they look good. I also very much like the lapel / collar shape. It's a jacket that in one way wouldn't be wholly out of place in the Aero line-up, and yet it's also not a jacket that looks in any way derivative of anything aero have put out. Which is to say it's nice to see somebody donig something that looks that high end but - in what often seems to me to an oversaturated market place - is also its own thing, not just another jacket the same as what somebosdy else is already doing. Enjoy it!
Well put. I don't see anyone else doing too many mid length jackets, that aren't skin tight, and with styles and collars that look just like all the other makers. Might have to wait a while to find one on the second hand market.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I am learning about Monarchs

I'll try to get together with Dave and do a write up on Monarch Manufacturing. I've got several of their jackets and one coming in the mail that will amaze. Just bought it last night.

Dave has had many of them apart, so knows them in and out. They made jackets for other labels and with no label. If you just look for the label you may miss one.

Dave and I have had many discussions about the Monarch brand. He is re-making one of my Monarchs in the near future.

lina

Practically Family
Including here some close up pics, showing labels and lining and some of the details of the stitching:

Sheeley jacket labels.JPG Sheeley jacket labels 2.JPG Sheeley jacket details 1.JPG Sheeley jacket details 2.JPG Sheeley jacket details 3.JPG Sheeley jacket details 4.JPG

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I will write more later about the story of the jacket and how Dave and I came up with it.

Lina

I am considering having a jacket made by Dave Sheely. I have an Aero, a Himel, a SB, can't wait that long for a Goodwear. I've been looking at Schott, and possibly Eastman. LW, and Vanson look cool, but I don't ride, and again want something lightweight. So, I'm thinking about another bespoke maker.

I am looking for something loose, long, and light. i was going to do a shawl collar originally, but I got the Heron. Now, Im thinking about some kind of hybrid Monarch. Not a short tight traditional, but a bit longer and looser.

You came up with a very unique design. If you have time, I would love to know the thought process that went into it's creation.

Also, now that you have had it a while, how do you like the higher up hand warmers? They look very cool. Are they comfortable higher up?

Thanks,

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Oops, just realized you explained everything in the beginning of the post. However, if I go forward I would love to hear any suggestions as you have worn the jacket more and have a good feel for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk