Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New ELC Roughwear B3 Jacket :)

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Hello Everyone, (I also posted this review in VLJ)

After a 7 week wait, I finally got my Eastman Roughwear B3 Jacket size 44reg ☺ and what a beauty it is! This is my first jacket order from Eastman leathers and I am quite impressed. It arrived well wrapped and the packaging was top rate.
It is very well built with almost immaculate stitching (barely any stray strands of thread visible, very even and precise stitching etc.) and with a rich russet color to it and thick full fleece. The mottled appearance of the hand dyeing is quite evident and gives the jacket an organic/rustic feel that I find very appealing. I was very surprised at first on how stiff the jacket felt when I initially tried it on. After wearing it for a few hours and shoveling the snow off my driveway with it on, it softened a little. I’m going to have fun breaking in this jacket! ☺ It feels quite substantial and almost “bulletproof”.
In terms of the “broken grain” character, I believe it looks much better in person than on the ELC website. It does not look paper-like at all. In addition, the color is richer and slightly darker than what is portrayed on the ELC website. The hide has a mild sheen to it (not glossy but not entirely matte).
The fleece is a deep honey color almost the same shade as some repro Irvin photos I’ve seen which gives the jacket a lot of character and warmth. The horsehide is not a grainy as the sheepskin but still is beautiful. Overall, I find the hide (sheep and horse) beautiful and of very high quality.
Compared to my “modern B3” from Cockpitusa, the hide is stiffer but seems more substantial (probably a combination of hide thickness and the coatings on the hide). Also the fleece depth is a little shorter than my cockpit jacket (1inch compared to3/4 inch). However, I feel that the ELC fleece is denser than the cockpit fleece.
In terms of fit, I am a size 42S in suits, but the 44 reg I think fits fine on me. The arms could be a ½ an inch shorter but not really a big deal for me. I could probably fit a light sweater under this jacket and it won’t be too tight.
Shoulder to shoulder 21inches, Pit to pit 25inches, shoulder seam to cuff 25 inches and bottom of collar to bottom of jacket 26 inches
I do find the cuffs a bit tight but hopefully it will loosen a little with wear. Overall I like the fit. It’s not too tight or too loose. It’s not as bulky as my “modern B3” from Cockpitusa, which is also a 44reg.
Sorry for the long review, hopefully my photos will do the jacket justice (Warning many photos). I also added some photos of my Cockpitusa Jacket for comparison.
Enjoy ☺
ELCRWB3-20110222-1.jpg

ELCRWB3-20110222-3.jpg

ELCRWB3-20110222-4.jpg

ELCRWB3-20110222-5.jpg

ELCRWB3-20110222-6.jpg

ELCRWB3-20110222-7.jpg

ELCRWB3-20110222-9.jpg

ELCRWB3-20110222-10.jpg

ELCRWB3-20110222-11.jpg

ELCRWB3-20110222-12.jpg

53Effie

A-List Customer
Very impressive jacket. Congratulations and enjoy it lots. I'm wishing I had one like it to wear in the cold weather we're having here. It sure looks warm indeed.

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Very impressive jacket. Congratulations and enjoy it lots. I'm wishing I had one like it to wear in the cold weather we're having here. It sure looks warm indeed.

The jacket came at the right time :) Here in Calgary it's going to dip to -22 degrees celsius tomorrow. I shovelled my driveway this evening and it was -20C. I wore a light wool turtleneck and my RW B3 while shovelling and I was very comfortable. I'll never wear down filled jackets again ;)

Edward

Bartender
Yes it's ELC roughwear (early pattern) B3 redskin. I really love the character of the hide as well. Very vintage and new at the same time

I love the look. My B3 is a LW model, with the very white fleece, seal outer with russet horse trim. I do love it, but if ever I can afford / justify a second one, one like yours is on the cards. I love the really rich, red tones of that one.

kowalski

Practically Family
Radz 108 .congratulations, beautiful, my favorite model:eusa_clap
ps.I have the original, is in repair;)

Last edited:

Andyboy

New in Town
Congratulations that´s a really nice looking jacket!!!
BTW does anyone know why the B3´s have those two leather straps at both end of the shoulders?
Regards, Andreas

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Congratulations! Great jacket. ELC should use your photos on their website. I would never guess that the jacket was so nice judging by their pics.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112