Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new toy!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Good day all, I just wanted to announce that I will be getting a new toy known as a 1946 Plymouth four door special deluxe! I have a friend that has a hand full of cars from 1937 to 1959 and he had this one as a daily driver and he thought that it would be ok to let one go to a good friend like me. I won?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t mention the price, but I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m getting a real deal on it.

The upholstery has been completely redone to the original style and smells like new! The car drives nicely and has never broken down on my buddy. It has the original flat head six that has been rebuilt as well.

Here is an original ad for it from 1946 to give you a taste of what it looks like. The color of mine is blue. I will be posting photos soon as it arrives!

I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll be at the Lounge BBQ when it happens and might bring it out to that

Take care,

Wild Root

Gone Home
All right, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll take the starch out of ya. My buddy is selling it to me for $5,000.
He bought the car from the second owner for $900.00 and it was in driving condition then. He used this car to drive from Redlands to Ontario for work and it never broke down! He then traded it off for a 1959 Ford and the man that took it off of his hands did some nice work on it. Added wide white walls and refurbished the interior. Also rebuilt the motor and added duel spot lamps! Then, my friend bought it back for $3,000. The paint isn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t that good right now. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s not real bad, but not real good. Still, a nice driver for the price!

Any more questions? Feel free to ask!

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Havershaw, I could not agree with you more my friend. Honestly, with cars today it tales a lot to turn someones head. But with a fully restored Golden Era car, it takes very little at all to get people's heads rotating.:cool2:

Wild Root

Gone Home
Reply to MK.

Well, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll be getting the car on Saturday. And say if you all want to plan on getting together say in the next two weeks that would be fine. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m sure I can take whose there around the block a few times. It might have to be some what local for me though. I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t really want to drive it too far right now. Any one knows of Soda Jerks in Pasadena? They have a very Golden Era feel to the place! Well, think of a place in Pasadena and we can all meet there and have dinner and then go for a ride. Deal?

See ya,

PS. Right now the car is drivable, interior is grate and it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s dependable. But, the paint needs some work. It still gets thumbs up when others see it on the road.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hey every one, thought I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢d ad a link to my buddies web sight so you can see some of his stuff. Check it out and see some cool stuff! He?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a real nice guy and I have told him about the lounge. So, maybe he will sign on with us here and we?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll have another member!

Take care,

http://www.thatfortiesguy.com/

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ok boys, I have the car!!! It runs nicely and I enjoy driving it! It will be going in to the shop for a repair on a seal coming from the rear axle this coming Wednesday. So, it will be in there for about two days or so. Needs to get done! But, until then, it drives good.

I will be sure to post some photos when I get a spare moment.

See ya.

Wild Root

Gone Home
My new toy.

Ok, here is one photo of the Plymouth. I had to order the Pinion Seal and I just got it on Saturday. I have to take it in to the shop to have it put in this Wednesday.

This is my new ride! I love driving it! It really is something to be driving something like this. It really calls for driving!

My plans for it is to get the bushings done, get the suspension fixed and then getting the spare hood that came with it, getting that on, and then painting it. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m going to go with the original color on this. The interior has been done and looks very nice! So, over the time I have this car, it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s going to get some little things here and there till it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s back to new condition! No hot rods for me thanks!!!

So, when the Lounge wants to meet in Pasadena, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll be giving rides.

Cheers,

PS. the photo is in the post below, thanks.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, it was my desire to drive it up to the BBQ but, it probably would have a hard time going over the hill on the 210. So, it probably would be a bad idea. It drives swell, but the hills are what kills. But, we?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll see;)

Cheers.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I know it sounds like a lousy excuse but, when I was driving on the 134 going to Burbank it was having a hard time going up the grade between Pasadena and Glendale. On the flat areas I can cruse at 55mph. But, going up hills makes it go to about 45mph and the engine gets worm.

But, if I leave late afternoon when things are cooling down and traffic is clear then I would make the attempt. How late are you guys going to be hanging out? I do have to work till 4pm Saturday and could make it out there by 6 or so.

I might just give it a go and see how the old girl handles it.

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21