Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new US Authentic HH A2

seres

A-List Customer
Everyone has a different opinion on what constitutes the best fit. From the photos, I think the jacket appears to fit well or I should say, to fit as I would like it. From the look of the leather folds, it should fit well (not overly tight) when zipped.

I am convinced that I could buy 2 leather jackets, both in the same size, from the same custom manufacturer and in the same leather, and each jacket would fit slightly differently. But after wearing them long enough to break-in, both jackets would be very comfortable.

At the end of the day, if YOU feel it looks good, it is good.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Lololol like part of me just wants to Oder a brand new U.S. Authentic and return and repeat until I find the right one haha is that part of the program?!

Experience on this site tells us that you simply order a size smaller than recommended by Shaul. That is if you want a trimmer fit.

villzilla

New in Town
Experience on this site tells us that you simply order a size smaller than recommended by Shaul. That is if you want a trimmer fit.

I've been waiting to see when you would chime in Seb haha I would agree, but trust me, my frame is not gonna handle a size smaller. My concern would be if the 46 is too small. He (Shaul) actually told me that the case is usually the reverse, as you have mentioned, that usually their recommendations are too big. But my broad shoulders are unfriendly to things that are fitted for my chest size and height |:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I FEEEEEEEL like I would wear it partially unzipped at best but you never know... I agree with you on the looks though. But at what cost am I willing to take looks over comfort? What would a WWII pilot do in my situation? What would you guys do in my situation?

I've got an ELC HH RW A-2 in a size 46, I'm a 46/48 (48 swimmer's shoulders & chest)..love the 'snug' fit due to mostly wearing this jacket undone & a hate of 'baggy'. If it rains however I wish I'd purchased the 48 :)

villzilla

New in Town
150472789291521 (1).jpeg
IMG_0110.JPG
150472789291521.jpeg
Ordered and arrived all in two days! The A-2 fits perfectly (and that's an understatement). As I have mentioned, I am usually a 44 but the 46R sat on me like it was a part of me. When I put it on and zippered it, it was like the jacket was telling me what I could and could not do, all while being comfortable at every movement. It doesn't sit baggy and it certainly doesn't feel that way. It certainly doesn't look that way; it's super proportional. If you have any questions, feel free. This is in the HH seal brown. By the way, I am glad I purchased the HH over goatskin. I'm not knocking goatskin, but having tried on both, HH makes you feel incredible.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sorry, Villzilla, while fit is very much a personal thing, that jacket is at least a size too big for you. As Kojax says, you've got very heavy tunneling on the sleeves and it's hanging v low on the waist. Hammerk's just scrapes a pass but even then those cuffs are sitting pretty low for my taste. I know we always say around that 'there's no such thing as a correct fit for an A-2', but there are limits I do reckon VZ could size down easily and get more flattering fit. Of course, ymmv.

IXL

One Too Many
My opinion is that Hammer-K's jacket fits okay, especially so if he ever plans to wear something like a sweater underneath it. The sleeve length is fine, as I don't mind a bit of tunneling. It sure beats having the end of the leather somewhere on one's forearm while relying on the three inches of knitted cuff to span the gap to one's wrist.

VZ's jacket is just too big to be considered anything close to "trim fitting." If a trim fit isn't a necessary goal, then it will certainly work, and also work with heavy layers, and will always allow for any required movement. He's just never going to look like all the guys do in the movies. He will, however, look like many guys do in real life.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, it's about whether a jacket objectively fits properly, rather than whether I think it's 'vintage authentic'. What I'm saying is that quite often the 'there's no standard A2 fit' is a fig leaf for a multitude of poorly jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points