Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Vanson Model B

Jejupe

Practically Family
I wanted to share some new fit pics with my fellow loungers.

I bought a Vanson Model B from a netshop with intention of using it as a fit jacket for ordering a custom model b through Vanson (and returning this one), but as it turns out, I find this standard jacket to be better fitting than 90% of my excisting leather jackets. Feel free to comment, should I keep this one, or spend few hundred dollars extra to make some modifications with custom jacket?

As this is the first Vanson I have in my hands, I must also say that quality of it is really impressive and the comp weight leather is just superb!

2b4d571acc07bc0253b61c68ac2e4dee.jpg

912b3359fe1fc643ad7050a128604508.jpg

4ce8d678bb889c1a6694701cadb00a37.jpg

Fit looks great. I prefer a bit more length in the sleeves. I think 1" additional and it would be perfect. This is just my preference though, fit everywhere else looks ideal. Good fit through the chest and shoulders body length is perfect.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Jejupe, that looks great. I prefer a bit longer sleeves for riding but that is a personal preference. The jacket looks great on you. How does it look and feel without the hoodie?

Let’s say that with (thin) hoodie it feels just a little bit too tight in soem places. Without hoodie it fits comfortably.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Fit looks great. I prefer a bit more length in the sleeves. I think 1" additional and it would be perfect. This is just my preference though, fit everywhere else looks ideal. Good fit through the chest and shoulders body length is perfect.

I noticed the sleeves look little short especially in the first pic. I reckon that’s because I tried to bend my arms a little for the picture . I should probably train posing more...

I think this picture (in which the sleeves look longer to me) gives better idea of their actual length:

3a131c249b08ae1d1623f8e4a0f8b0df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannyk

One Too Many
For the money Vanson is king. No they aren’t doing exact repros of vintage models. And don’t have quite the color, hardware and hide varieties as other makers; although recently they have gotten a lot better on this front. But for quality, protection, and cool factor it doesn’t get better than Vanson at that price point. By no means is Vanson cheap but considering 90% of their jackets are like 500-900 dollars who else offers that quality and craftsmanship at those prices?!

Butch_Coolidge

Familiar Face
That fits perfectly. What size is it? Forget custom unless you’ve got some money to burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Think it looks good. I have a stock Model B and for me the sleeve length to chest size ratio comes in a little long. I think thats where some customization comes in handy. I can work around the slightly long sleeves on my right arm because the sleeve zips so tightly. On my left arm (watch side) i can’t zip the sleeve all the way and it rides down a little too long. I’m hoping some more break in time will loosen that wrist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ