Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Natty Custom Made Shirts For Only $29.99

nattyshirts

Sponsoring Affiliate
2_zps7de3fd65.jpg

Gallery updated today.
Visit Natty Shirts and book your order now.

Soldat

New in Town
I just visited the Natty Shirt website and notice their "spear point" collared shirt known as the "Savvy Journalist" is not listed. Has this shirt been discontinued?

nattyshirts

Sponsoring Affiliate
Closing Stock Sales

Dear Valued Customer,

We often say that our goal at NattyShirts is to win our customer's loyalty for life. As part of that goal, we wanted to give you exclusive notice of a major clearance sale we've just launched.

For three days only, we're offering some of our best prices ever on closeout fabric options. As we sell out of certain fabrics and order new options, we occasionally wind up with limited quantities of closeout stock. When this happens, we put the remaining stock on clearance sale to prepare for our new inventory.

All of these fabrics are top-quality. You'll get the same expert craftsmanship and fast production time you're used to, but at an even better price then ever!

Please shop now at Natty Shirts for the best selection. You can filter them from blue tag “Short”.

- Your friends at Natty Shirts

Annixter

Practically Family
After years of trying all OTR button-down shirt brands I could get my hands on in search of a good fit without the need of alteration, I finally found Macy's Alfani red-label line about five years ago. I now need some new shirts, and I was disappointed to find that Alfani has destroyed their red-label line by blowing out all the dimensions and going from 100% cotton to a poly blend. I don't care for spread collars to begin with, but I was willing to deal with that aspect of the red-label since it fit me so well.

Rather than spend the hours I once did in futile search for a new OTR brand, I went ahead and placed an order with Natty Shirts for tailored shirts off my body measurements and preferences. I'm excited to see how they turn out, and I'll post a review when they arrive.

Anyone have input on the approx. turnaround time for the shirts?

nattyshirts

Sponsoring Affiliate
After years of trying all OTR button-down shirt brands I could get my hands on in search of a good fit without the need of alteration, I finally found Macy's Alfani red-label line about five years ago. I now need some new shirts, and I was disappointed to find that Alfani has destroyed their red-label line by blowing out all the dimensions and going from 100% cotton to a poly blend. I don't care for spread collars to begin with, but I was willing to deal with that aspect of the red-label since it fit me so well.

Rather than spend the hours I once did in futile search for a new OTR brand, I went ahead and placed an order with Natty Shirts for tailored shirts off my body measurements and preferences. I'm excited to see how they turn out, and I'll post a review when they arrive.

Anyone have input on the approx. turnaround time for the shirts?

Our normal turn around time is 7-10 days :)

Annixter

Practically Family
To give some input for other members interested in purchasing from Natty Shirts, I received one of the three shirts I ordered eight days (total) after I placed the order. Judging from other posts in this thread, I assume the shirt was sent for fitting purposes. I received no letter, email, or other notice with this shirt, so I don't understand how Natty Shirts expects people to know what to do after receiving the one shirt, unless they have read this thread. Furthermore, people expecting to receive their order within a 7-12 days might be frustrated when they realize they have to wait another 7-12 days to receive the rest of their order. I would appreciate and expect better communication so far in the process.

I took note of some issues with the shirt and sent a detailed email to their customer service on Thursday evening. I have not received a response yet (aside from an automated "message received" reply email), although I understand it's now the weekend.

Overall, the shirt fits pretty well and looks to be of quality fabric and decent craftsmanship (aside from the below issues). I have hope that they will modify my pattern and send me three shirts of better quality, so I'm not commenting on my final impression of the shirts and company just yet.

Here are the issues with the shirt I received:
-One of the spear-point collars is 1/8" longer than the other when properly buttoned.
-The shirt tails fall 1" short of what I specified, following their video tutorial on measuring tail length.
-I ordered single-button barrel cuffs, and they placed an unnecessary button hole on the button side along with two buttons for adjustment (in the standard RTW fashion), as others in this thread have pointed out. I'm not keen on having two buttons for a made-to-measure shirt, but the larger problem is that I need to move the button to a place between the two buttons for proper fit. I would have no problem simply moving the button myself, but 1) there's a button hole there that makes sewing on a button difficult and the strength questionable and 2) if I place a button where it belongs, cut off the second button, and fasten the cuff, that nasty unwanted button hole will be visible on the outside.

As some constructive criticism for Natty Shirts, I think you should stop automatically including the unnecessary button hole on barrel cuffs and start making that feature a requested option for those who want the French-barrel transformer cuff--or whatever the odd thing is called. I can't image anyone wearing cufflinks this way to begin with because the buttons are visible. Here's a picture for reference:

I look forward to receiving a reply to my email and eventually receiving my complete order. I'll post back once I receive my full order.

Last edited:

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
To give some input for other members interested in purchasing from Natty Shirts ...

Sorry your experience was less than what you might have expected. I still stand by what I've said about Natty. I have always, from the first purchase to my most recent, been extremely satisfied. I'm a big guy and hard to fit, and everything they have sent me has met or exceeded my expectations.

I hope your follow-up will be better. I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say when you receive your finalized order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto