Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Blue V Neck Pullovers New craze Fashion?

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Good Morning,

I couldn't help but notice yesterday when commuting in Southwest London by train, bus and foot, that about ten chaps were all wearing very similar lightweight looking, dark/Navy Blue V Neck long sleeved Pullovers, appeared to be Merino wool, Lambswool, botany or cashmere. Is this the latest fashion craze? it just seemed a bit odd that so many people in the same area were dressed the same way. They did look smart especially when wearing a tie as well. Conversely, I also saw two men in Heavy Looking Submariner Roll Neck Jerseys on what was quite a warm day.

Can't speak to that, but the other day I was walking through Grand Central Terminal in NYC at morning commute and about every 10th or so young man in his 20s or 30s who had on business dress pants or nice khakis and a business shirt (some with tie, some without) was wearing a light grey polar fleece vest. Like your blue v-neck sightings, the grey vests were more than coincidental - it must be a "thing" now.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Can't speak to that, but the other day I was walking through Grand Central Terminal in NYC at morning commute and about every 10th or so young man in his 20s or 30s who had on business dress pants or nice khakis and a business shirt (some with tie, some without) was wearing a light grey polar fleece vest. Like your blue v-neck sightings, the grey vests were more than coincidental - it must be a "thing" now.

Yes, it's funny how these "Things, Fads, Crazes" seem to happen from time to time. The co-incidental thing was, that on the day I mentioned about the Navy/Dark Blue V Neck pullovers/sweaters, I was also wearing one, (which I have had for a while now), along with with Navy Blue trousers/pants, white shirt with dark blue tie and Black Fedora Hat. I suppose it's a bit of a preppy style/look. I was similarly dressed the following day, apart from wearing a lambswool cardigan instead of the sweater and a chap, (the dustman/refuse collector,) said "Wow, you look really smart sir", I was very flattered, especially as it was 0600 am in the morning.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Well, I would say a Navy Blue V Neck long sleeved Pullover is a basic item for every man's wardrobe, or it is here in Europe at least. Almost all the brands I know sell one and some like Benetton are masters in to make it. I think the reason is it fits easily and it can be worn with classic trousers but also on denim.

Yes that is very true.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Not sure about navy - my only pullovers are five high quality merino wool v-necks in black. I wear my own 'uniform' and these pullovers (and other like them) have been my only knitwear for the best part of 20 years.

Last edited:

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Not sure about navy - my only pullovers are five high quality merino wool v-necks in black. I wear my own 'uniform' and these pullovers (and other like them) have been my only knitwear for the best part of 20 years.

Merino wool Black V neck pullovers are very smart and adaptable too. :)

EmergencyIan

Practically Family

Yeah, you notice those fads here in NYC on a regular basis whether it's men or women. As you know, if you take a walk around the city, on a weekday during the day, you'll notice, at least, one new fad on women or men.

- Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff