Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Witchtrip

One of the Regulars
I seriously appreciate all the input I've received here. Initially I didn't realize the premier HWM was boxier than others when I ordered my fit jacket. It was a gut reaction to the vintage look the jacket has. I now know SO much more and I really should've just flown to Scotland and tried everything on at Aero- it probably would have been easier. Certainly for Carrie... :0

I'm very excited about the order and am confident it will achieve what I want. I've seen many photos of people going a little smaller and it's a great look. I did mod it up which will probably raise some eyebrows, but as you all keep saying - it's my jacket. Haha.

Thanks again guys - it's all good. I think I'm going to be very happy. I will keep you posted on progress.

Edward

Bartender
The double fold on the shoulder blades and the loose neckline makes me think that you're a size or half-a-size too large. One of the things about the HWM is that it's a boxy jacket, so it's a little unforgiving on a skinny frame and will hang like a bell if it's too large. I think the shoulders are little on the sloping side too, though I can see how the others might think they're okay. At the moment, if you were to go with this size/style, I think it would look as though it belongs to someone else. I'd either go a size down or try a different, slimmer-fitting style.

Have you had a chance to try one on? It seems a neater fit to me than the regular HWM, but yes, still boxier than the likes of the slimmer halfbelts. It would be interesting to know eactly where it sits in the continuum of Aero fits from slimmest to boxiest...

Witchtrip

One of the Regulars
@Edward - yes, I've posted pics on page 2 of this thread. I would like to know it's place as well - Aero has so many jackets...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm