Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help finding a hat

Amos f h

Familiar Face

a2da808fa281409fb30b78bd1ef8a60c.jpg
1be6fca104ce6962ae2ead9c151a32da.jpg
b8ba5063b7d1dd561d5c5a3c281abdf3.jpg

Most of these hats are from the Stetson outlet in Garland.
Great selection with a great prices.
They have now %50 off when you buy more then one hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amos f h

Familiar Face
I have already investigated, they are pretty clear that they are only in the cowboy hat business. They discontinued their line of dress hats to focus their attention on just cowboy hats since 1968.

Not true! They stopped making resistol fedoras in 1968
Stetson still manufacturing fedoras and also they own Dobbs
bec1a7999b741cc1d3165c36a49f2fbc.jpg

Most of this hats are from the Garland store.

Last edited:

Amos f h

Familiar Face
I have already investigated, they are pretty clear that they are only in the cowboy hat business. They discontinued their line of dress hats to focus their attention on just cowboy hats since 1968.

5a24c9b11d188d036d3259dc60a5e43a.jpg

The hat that I'm wearing here is close to what you are looking for.
That's a Royal Stetson; I got it from the store in Garland

As Amos says, they still sell dress fedoras at the Garland outlet. I have shopped there myself, but Amos has been there even more recently. Miamibruno can hook you up, but you also owe it to yourself to run over there and take a look.

If I actually lived in Garland, my wallet would take a monthly beating.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

PHIL1959

One of the Regulars
The Brim is far Too long. I want a short brimmed fedora under 2 inches like the one shown below , as worn by the individuals in my photos. Sorry, but I once again feel I must View attachment 66407 post what I am looking for to compare. Thanks for your help though!
Borsalino Tasso Fur Felt Stingy Brim Fedora Hat has a 1 7/8" Raw Edge Brim which is under the 2 inches you want as are most of those suggested to you

They are all over Ebay. I would go vintage from the late 50s/early 60s. Cavanagh, Knox and Dobbs slim brims come up frequently. The felt and feel will be pleasing as well as the satisfaction of preserving a 50 year old hat.

FedoraSeeker

New in Town
This hat does not look at all like the style of the hats in my pictures. The brim is larger than my style
5a24c9b11d188d036d3259dc60a5e43a.jpg

The hat that I'm wearing here is close to what you are looking for.
That's a Royal Stetson; I got it from the store in Garland

I've never blocked anyone before, but I'm considering it...
We can be "not-listened-to" (ignored?) right at home, without turning a phone or computer on, or even going to the mall.
Maybe it's best to let Mr. Seeker seek his own style, when he finally settles on ONE.
Let us know what you end up with, post lots of pictures.

FedoraSeeker

New in Town
We can be "not-listened-to" (ignored?) right at home, without turning a phone or computer on, or even going to the mall.
Maybe it's best to let Mr. Seeker seek his own style, when he finally settles on ONE.

Look, I'm not sure why you're upset!? I posted exactly what I was looking for....in hopes that someone here might be interested in selling. This particular style is obviously very difficult to find, that is why I turned to others who collect vintage hats. No offensive, but I feel that I have been fairly direct in what I am looking for, and I DO appreciate those who have taken the time to help! However anyone can see that the suggestions posted here are quite different in style to what I am seeking. Is there a classifieds section I should post in, to make inquires to potential sellers? Thanks again for the assistance.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
you originally post a bunch of pictures of about 5 or 6 different styles then continue to say that you are looking for one specific style.
you receive a bunch of suggestions based on those pictures of hats either exact or very similar only to say that is not what you are looking for.

I am convinced that you do not know a whole lot about what you are talking about ... respectfully of course

these hats are not hard to find ... if you are looking for vintage in your size it will not be AS easy as finding a modern rendition but will not be very difficult at all with a little patience.

this is a late 50s through 60s style

if you are really having that much trouble finding what you want ... and since you insist on being so specific .... I recommend contacting one of the many custom hat makers on the forum

makitright

One of the Regulars
Charlie and everybody - This BOZO FedoraSeeker is just wasting everybody's time. He did it late last year, going through this same stupid BS in another post. I'm a 7 5/8 and I offered him 2 great stingy fedoras, posting and sending multiple photos and direct messages. Heck I would have given the hats away for almost nothing. But no courtesy of any reply for well over a month. I just ignored him when he got back to me 30 days later. Just ignore him.

FedoraSeeker

New in Town
Charlie and everybody - This BOZO FedoraSeeker is just wasting everybody's time. He did it late last year, going through this same stupid BS in another post. I'm a 7 5/8 and I offered him 2 great stingy fedoras, posting and sending multiple photos and direct messages. Heck I would have given the hats away for almost nothing. But no courtesy of any reply for well over a month. I just ignored him when he got back to me 30 days later. Just ignore him.
Hello,

Makeitright,

I do apologize for not responding sooner. It is true that I did not respond immediately, due to some personal financial matters at work and home, but I do wish you would forgive that as I would LOVE to purchase both of your fedoras as I later wrote you. Again, I do apologize, but as I said personal matters kept money tight for awhile. With the new year upon us, I am ready to make some purchases.

Thank you.

makitright

One of the Regulars
I offered him these 2 pretty nice examples. Heck the dark one is a Knox 20...so not too shabby. Pretty close to what he was describing? I thought so.
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 7.21.06 PM.png

I think its a pretty cool fedora...and even cooler because of the ruthless crime fighter that runs the streets with this great lid...protecting us little guys.

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 7.20.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 10.04.07 AM.png

Last edited:

FedoraSeeker

New in Town
I offered him these 2 pretty nice examples. Heck the dark one is a Knox 20...so not too shabby. Pretty close to what he was describing? I thought so.
View attachment 66530

I think its a pretty cool fedora...and even cooler because of the ruthless crime fighter that runs streets with this great lid protecting us little guys

View attachment 66531
View attachment 66532

I agree, they are both PERFECT, and exactly what I am looking for! I would like to close the deal on at least one tonight... Please accept my sincerest of apologies so that we might do some business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto