Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero 1930s half belt with modified back in battered tan horsehide

Mainspring

Familiar Face
After a brutal 12 week wait, I recently received my custom Aero 1930s half belt with a modified back. I selected the battered tan horsehide and am very happy with the hide. It's very difficult to capture the coloration/pull up effect in photos. The fit couldn't be better.

To echo what everybody else says, it was enjoyable working with Carrie from Thurston Bros. She offered lots of good advice, assisted me with my special requests, and answered my innumerable questions.

Here is a photo.
z9aaBmN.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations on a fantastic looking 1930's HB and welcome to the Lounge. I gather Carrie sent you a fit jacket. Correct? However done, the fit appears ideal. The vertical pleated back from the center back yoke to center HB, as found on the Pioneer, is an additional nice touch.

That's just beautiful man, perfect fit and a very cool mesh of Halfbelt elements. 12 weeks eh? That just pushed my anticipated eta back to July. But it's Ok. The waiting gives you plenty of time to second guess your choices which is such a gas;)
Fantastic jacket, very well done indeed.

willyto

One Too Many
Welcome to the FL and fantastic jacket. The fit looks spot on and the design in the back is great. I bet you can't wait to wear it every day until the leather gets less stiff and the creases start to appear on the sleeves.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Excellent jacket there and welcome! Your first post is about your new Aero! :)

Sure hope you get a chance to enjoy it soon, I know most of my jackets are on the hangers now until September, but jacket season will come again, alas, perhaps just too soon in Iowa :)

Edward

Bartender
Very nice indeed. Is that the back from a Pioneer pattern? It's a good fit, particularly considering the added length to this jacket (I beleive Thurston add an inch or two to pretty much all the Aeros they order, length-wise?) - that pleat detail really looks bang on. Enjoy it!

Cooperson

One Too Many
Welcome Mainspring - with the added body length and back pleat it does look more like a Pioneer than a 30's half belt, but very nice all the same and the fit is spot on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21