Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Barnstormer...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Last year I had Carrie and the fine folks at Thurston Bros. make me my ultimate Winter Leather coat. I opted for a Barnstormer in "Battered Tan" with an Alpaca liner, storm cuffs and black fur collar. The coat is now soft enough to wear and so I thought I'd give you all a peek.

image1%206_zpsjoxp9yes.jpg

image3%203_zpson0hlbss.jpg

Not my "go to" Winter coat but it's gaining fast.

Worf

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
That's great Worf!! Really like those Aero Barnstormers, and the shots of you in it are excellent! Really fits great for a winter coat, and you just wear it great as well. The smile says it all....:)

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Last year I had Carrie and the fine folks at Thurston Bros. make me my ultimate Winter Leather coat. I opted for a Barnstormer in "Battered Tan" with an Alpaca liner, storm cuffs and black fur collar. The coat is now soft enough to wear and so I thought I'd give you all a peek.

image1%206_zpsjoxp9yes.jpg

image3%203_zpson0hlbss.jpg

Not my "go to" Winter coat but it's gaining fast.

Worf
Fantastic looking Barnstormer. What a beauty!
Your profile says you are in upstate ny. I am in Brooklyn and I've been up there near you during winters and I know how cold it can get. Does the jacket really hold up to those sharp winds?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Darn you Worf! I have been looking for a new motorcycle jacket, one that would stand out in the crowed, this comes mighty close. I also like their Blizzard, with the waistcoat built in. If it was done like a prewar RAF Irvin with a honey colored sheepskin color, well maybe too nice for me! Again, darn you, it looks so unbelievably good, you can be real proud!

seres

A-List Customer
Very nice, and it fits you perfectly. And the color of the leather is just perfect.

I'm curious about that leather... Yes, I know I should ask Carrie, but I'll bet you did the research and are pretty expert, too. So, you say the leather is "Battered Tan". Thurston lists Battered Horsehide and Battered Steerhide, and something called CXL FQHH in Tumbled Brown. What's the difference? Or maybe I should ask the difference between Battered Horse and CXL FQHH Tumbled.

When did this happen!? I don't know how to comment on this without sounding weird so I'll just gonna second what everyone else said only x 100. XD

Seriously Worf... The coat is crazy beautiful, I had no clue the Barnstormer would look so nice in brown but you wearing it, among the top 3 coolest fit pics I've seen on TFL, ever. Hands down.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Terrific jacket and fit. Beatiful leather, extra length and none of these stupdily unpractically positioned handwarmer pockets.. just like I would order it if I was to buy a new one from Aero directly. Perfect! You look great in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana