Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New in town and seeking a stylist...

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I searched but didn't find much - I'm new in town (Philadelphia, now), and have had terrible luck finding a new stylist with any sense of a vintage cut. I'm looking for a place that will give me a good cut that styles well vintage or modern, in an edgy color. If any of you Philly ladies can make a recommendation, it would be most welcome! Many thanks!

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Black salons still do wet sets, which are the foundation of many vintage styles. Finger waves and pin curls are still popular there as most of the clientele rely on these methods to upkeep their styles.

Lillie Librarie

New in Town
I am also looking for a new stylist in New Orleans, LA. I've been trying to find a stylist with a specialty or at least an interest in vintage hair with no luck. If I go to a modern stylist with the directions for a middy they always try to adapt it to a modern technique and it's not quite right. If any ladies in the NOLA area have any suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto