Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Clyde Monet

New in Town
Hello,
Extremely new to the site and very glad to find it! I'm a 43 year old police detective in real life and enjoy dressing the part...50 years removed!
People love it. I think that deep down, that's what they want to see when a detective shows up. I love the fedoras and the trench coats...but I'm looking to branch out to other vintage clothing areas even when I'm not at work.
That's enough about me. Thanks for having a site like this!

wedgetail

New in Town
Just wanting to say a quick hullo. I've ended up reading on this forum a few times to google searches so thought I might as join... It's a very interesting forum for sure! I'm mainly after hat info but I'm sure I'll find more, found a heap of info on nice razors too (have since grown a beard though).

I'm 31, live/work on a cattle (angus) property in central NSW, Australia and have way too many obsessions (hobbies is an patronising term IMO). These include (but not limited too) old trucks (well anything mechanical), horses, woodwork, hunting, analogue photography/audio and most importantly my wife and three kids!

Welcome to the lounge, wedgetail. Hope you get what you want out of this place. It's a bunch of great folks.

Looking forward to your contributions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

applepoisoneer

New in Town
Good evening everyone.

Perhaps I should be embarrassed to admit so, but I found this site on the hunt for both ladies and gentleman of vintage persuasion that might also be inclined toward romantic duscussions. Obviously not right away, but after getting to know one another.

I adore the cinema and a few things on television. I'm also a heavy reader. I write for a living; screenplays, short stories and movie reviews for a magazine called 15 Minutes.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. Please feel free to drop me a line any time.

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
I suppose it is time to properly introduce myself now that I've made a few contributions of dubious value to the forum.

I am from West Virginia, now living in Northern Virginia. I used to joke that where I'm from, people either grew up, got married and built a house directly behind their parents house or moved to Texas, either literally or figuratively. I left and moved away, which is the same thing my father had done 30 years earlier. He was from Southwest Virginia, more or less.
Well, it so happens that I wound up marrying a girl who claims she was the youngest in her family to get married (at 26). She was a local girl, too, having been born in the same hospital in D.C. that her father was born in. We were married almost across the street. And her parents built a house directly behind her grandparents house.

I have all sorts of interests and little money to pursue any of them but I got most of the serious stuff out of the way years ago, before I got married. I was in Germany while I was in the army, as was my son (before he went to Iraq) and my father (as a POW). We all took our training at Ft. Knox. My son was stationed in the same town where Elvis was stationed. I also have a daughter who also was in Germany for two years.

I was born in 1946, which means, in theory, I'm close to retiring but I have my doubts. My wife teaches school. We met doing Scottish dancing and I was married in a kilt.

I can't really think of anything else that anyone would care to know about me that I'm willing to share in the absence of alcohol.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I was born in 1946, which means, in theory, I'm close to retiring but I have my doubts. My wife teaches school. We met doing Scottish dancing and I was married in a kilt.
You have an amusing wit about your posts, always a pertinent take on different views. Great to have you in The Lounge. (Don't post after alcohol, instead, save it, go back to it the next day and you will probably delete it.) The voice of experience.

Did anyone crack the joke at your wedding about, is anything worn under the kilt? No, it's all in perfect working order.

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
Jewish people know all the good jokes about Jews, Episcopalians know all the good jokes (there are a few) about Episcopalians and anyone who ever wears a kilt knows those jokes, too.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I suppose it is time to properly introduce myself now that I've made a few contributions of dubious value to the forum.

I am from West Virginia, now living in Northern Virginia. I used to joke that where I'm from, people either grew up, got married and built a house directly behind their parents house or moved to Texas, either literally or figuratively. I left and moved away, which is the same thing my father had done 30 years earlier. He was from Southwest Virginia, more or less.
Well, it so happens that I wound up marrying a girl who claims she was the youngest in her family to get married (at 26). She was a local girl, too, having been born in the same hospital in D.C. that her father was born in. We were married almost across the street. And her parents built a house directly behind her grandparents house.

I have all sorts of interests and little money to pursue any of them but I got most of the serious stuff out of the way years ago, before I got married. I was in Germany while I was in the army, as was my son (before he went to Iraq) and my father (as a POW). We all took our training at Ft. Knox. My son was stationed in the same town where Elvis was stationed. I also have a daughter who also was in Germany for two years.

I can't really think of anything else that anyone would care to know about me that I'm willing to share in the absence of alcohol.

My husband was also stationed at the same place in Germany where Elvis was. :)

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
The town in Germany where Elvis was stationed was Friedberg, which has a couple of statues of him. He was in the 3rd Armored Division, 1/32 Armor. When my son was there, it was the 1st Armored Division but his unit was actually in the nearby town of Giessen. Nobody left there now, I understand.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The town in Germany where Elvis was stationed was Friedberg, which has a couple of statues of him. He was in the 3rd Armored Division, 1/32 Armor. When my son was there, it was the 1st Armored Division but his unit was actually in the nearby town of Giessen. Nobody left there now, I understand.

My husband was there in 1990. He was in Bad Nauheim. This was before we met, so unfortunately, I didn't get to see Germany. :)

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
Oh, you have to strike when the iron is hot, so to say.

My wife's sister and husband were sent to Germany for a few years (three, I think) and lived in Stuttgart. My wife said now we have an excuse to go to Germany!

We went to the U.K.

Then my daughter and her husband were sent to Germany for three years, although between his being away for training and deployment, she was only there for about two years herself. They were in a little village not too far from Bitburg but the closest large town was Trier. I was stationed in Augsburg.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Oh, you have to strike when the iron is hot, so to say.

My wife's sister and husband were sent to Germany for a few years (three, I think) and lived in Stuttgart. My wife said now we have an excuse to go to Germany!

We went to the U.K.

Then my daughter and her husband were sent to Germany for three years, although between his being away for training and deployment, she was only there for about two years herself. They were in a little village not too far from Bitburg but the closest large town was Trier. I was stationed in Augsburg.

I've been to the U.K. three times - but not to Germany, and my husband has no desire to go back. He lived there for 8 years (stayed for awhile after he was discharged) and is fluent in German, though he's losing it now.

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
The biggest thing I didn't like about England was that I couldn't understand anyone. That problem disappeared when we got to Scotland and we never had that problem in Germany.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The biggest thing I didn't like about England was that I couldn't understand anyone. That problem disappeared when we got to Scotland and we never had that problem in Germany.

I had some problems with that, too - people had to repeat what they were saying sometimes, especially if their accent was really thick.

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
While my post was not entirely serious (none of mine are), that was also true for me and it was actually embarrassing. On the other hand, I've had to ask my mother-in-law, who is from Lynchburg, Virginia, to repeat herself, too, and for the same reason. Her sort of accent is disappearing fast. She's 93.

Silverstreak

New in Town
Hello, I'm new to the forum but have been lurking for a while. I've been wearing brimmed hats since I was about 7. I tend to like old things- my many hobbies include reading, ogling classic cars, model kits, collecting old books, vinyl, ties, and now hats.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello, I'm new to the forum but have been lurking for a while. I've been wearing brimmed hats since I was about 7. I tend to like old things- my many hobbies include reading, ogling classic cars, model kits, collecting old books, vinyl, ties, and now hats.

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ