• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Lauren, Sep 13, 2005.

1. antiquedoll

antiquedoll New in Town

Hello!
    I am new here yet not. I used to be a member years ago. I collect vintage and antique lingerie, shoes and clothing. I am also a antique doll collector. I am assistant designer at NJ Sekela Historic Clothiers.

Bigger Don and 2jakes like this.
  2. Well, then:
    "Welcome back!"
    :D

antiquedoll likes this.
  3. Hi i am new also, long time lurker! I love vintage and the inter-war period in terms of style. I collect antiques (mostly furniture) and love a good auction. I live in a small regency house with my husband (who is slowly being converted to vintage!) I enjoy knitting and sewing and creating patterns from scratch.. I try to dress vintage as much as possible. I recently purchased a vintage bicycle from 1958 which i am working on as my winter project...... someday my dream is to own a morris minor traveller......

4. shazzabanazza

shazzabanazza Practically Family

Hi Everyone,

Im not new, I just havnt been here in sometime and thought Id stop by to say G'Day from down under (Im from New Zealand)

PADDY, Bigger Don and Trenchfriend like this.
  5. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Nice to have you here! :)

shazzabanazza likes this.
  6. Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom New in Town

Good morning!

My name is Nancy, I just turned 37 (I believe that entitles me to be fitted for my walker and a spot in the opening them to The Golden Girls) and I live in NW Missouri near Kansas City.

I've been lurking here at Fedora Lounge, using it as a resource to help build a more authentic vintage aesthetic while trying to piece together a vintage-inspired life and it dawned on me that I'd meant to join ages ago and never did. Time to finally take the plunge and say hello!

PADDY, QuirkyQueen and Bigger Don like this.
  7. shazzabanazza

shazzabanazza Practically Family

Hi Nancy

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge :)

8. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

9. Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom New in Town

Thank you very much! :)

10. Hi im from Argentina, 43 years old. Single.

I live in the suburbs of Buenos Aires, but work in the city.

Bigger Don likes this.
  11. Hi all, I'm not new, been a member since 08, but off line for some time. Live in the central Illinois area. Enjoy learning here and reading posts.

Bigger Don likes this.
  12. I know about the 37 dilemma, i keep telling people i'm in my mid 30's (rather than late) welcome!

13. Mae

Mae Call Me a Cab

HA! Turned 39 *cringe* earlier this month. Now I'll be this age forever, like Jack Benny. Wait . . . LAST month. I'm already forgetting what month I'm in. Think I'm entitled to the walker much more than you. ;) Anyways, welcome! & now I'll have the Golden Girls theme song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

14. Kids!

MisterCairo likes this.
  15. lovegd

lovegd New in Town

hi,guys ! Finally , I found the entrance to write something ! Nice to know you !

16. Celia

Celia A-List Customer

Good afternoon everybody!
    I keep reading this forum and checking out everybody's beautiful hats, which started to feel a bit voyeuristic, so I decided I should really sign up and introduce myself here.
    I've loved and worn hats for as long as I can remember, but have plenty of other interests as well of course. Looking forward to sharing some of them with you here.

17. Pie & Coffee

Pie & Coffee New in Town

Off and on lurker, felt it was time to sign up and say hello.

Touchofevil and Big Man like this.
  18. Naoki Yamaguchi

Naoki Yamaguchi New in Town

Greetings to all!!
    My Name is Naoki Yamaguchi, I've been lurking around this fourm for a while and posting a couple of times on the Facebook page so some may have seen me before.
    I'm a Highschooler who is interested in the culture and fashion of the generations before me
    I got into this genre of vintage wardrobe building through first starting a Japanese Army reenactment group, from there I became very interested in Japanese civillian's attire during the war which was my gate way too hats and suits haha.
    I now mainly collect American Items now but i also do as mentioned Japanese and I'm trying my best to try to get some German/Euro suits and hats
    My main focus for my wardrobe's era is late 20s to early 50s
    :)

19. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge.

Naoki Yamaguchi likes this.
  20. Great avatar. Was listening to some Waits the other day.