• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

New Lost World A2

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Vespizzare, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Vespizzare

Vespizzare A-List Customer

Today was delivered a LW Goatskin Seal Brown A2 w/Rust Knits. Everything was done on the phone and via email with Stuart and I'm very satisfied. That said, after reading posts on FL, I made it a point not to pull his tail. Here's two pix

IXL, You predicted this!:eusa_clap No I didn't win the lottery nor am I in a manic phase. Just call it starting to collect Social Security while still holding down a day job (plus I lost some weight). I always dug "outerware;" but never had anything of quality. Now I figure: whatever good years I have left, I'll spend wearing nice clothes, especially jackets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  2. 767fo

767fo One of the Regulars

USA
    Enjoy your new jacket. The fit and quality is spot on!!!

3. Fanch

Fanch My Mail is Forwarded Here

Good looking jacket, and fit couldn't be better. I can tell that you are happy with everything by the grin best illustrated in the top picture.

4. Vespizzare

Thanks. I know it's the right size because Stuart sent a 38 Russet Horse to try on for size. He was pretty sure I'd be a 40 and it indeed was too small, so I sent it back and he made the size 40. Here's a pic I sent to LW showing where the 38 pinched. P.S. This daytime pic shows truer colors. That's a truer rust knit color and LW Russet Horsehide looks like a milk chocolate Hershey Bar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  5. IXL

IXL One Too Many

As posted above, that grin says it all!!! With that jacket, you just might have to move someplace with a longer "cool weather" season. :)

6. Vespizzare

Don't worry. I'm walking down the street wearing fourteen layers and somebody is coming the other way in shorts and a tank top.

7. Fanch

Fanch My Mail is Forwarded Here

I have a recollection that Stuart made the statement that the A-2 is a summer jacket but doubt that Stuart or anyone else would wear an A-2 in Texas in August.

8. IXL

IXL One Too Many

...or Oklahoma....

That's good news about the weight of the jacket. I was afraid Vespizzare was going to have to move!

9. pak

pak One of the Regulars

Ak
    I have jackets in both horse and goat. I much prefer goat.....great choice. That is a nice jacket.

10. Vespizzare

I ain't movin'. Santa Monica California:What's Not to Like?

[​IMG]

11. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

You don't need pictures, Vespizzare , the name Santa Monica alone makes me think of blue skies, crashing waves and long sandy beaches. *stares out at frost-bitten hills and sighs*

12. thor

thor One Too Many

Great looking jacket! LW can't be beat in terms of quality, workmanship and of course their incomparable leather! Enjoy your new jacket.