Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Marilyn Monroe Photos

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Great stuff. Swoon. Sigh.
I read an article some time back, that pointed out that it was as much her appearance in photos in print media . . . err I mean magazines . . . that boosted her image, as much as her film roles. This is clear evidence of that.

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
She truly was like eye candy. I never get tired of looking at her photos! There is just something there. Lovely photos of a lovely woman.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
I have seen these pictures before, I don't know why they "advertise" them as new.

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
They're new to people who don't really follow her so perhaps they wanted to do something for her birthday. Who knows? [huh]

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
dhermann1 said:
her appearance in photos in magazines ...boosted her image, as much as her film roles.
Some say that the Playboy pics propelled her into super-stardom.

Geesie

Practically Family
JohnnyGringo said:
Wow, she really was a beautiful young woman-I think these are some of my favorite Marilyn photos ever.

Mine too. They show her as a naturally beautiful young woman before Hollywood got the hooks into her. I really don't like a lot of later photos, they look so artificial to me, overly made -up, coiffed, dressed, and posed. These are about the right amount of make-up, hair alteration, and pose. And the clothes make it look so natural.

(am I a sucker for the "girl next door" look? Yeah. Yeah I am.)

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
Some say that the Playboy pics propelled her into super-stardom.

Today many don't even know that MM was the centerfold in the very first Playboy (December 1953). Red velvet and bare skin -

Playboy_magazine_entertainment_for_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112