• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

New Member to the Hat Forum

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Hats Matter, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Welcome to the club...

2. Hahaha

3. Now be prepared to see your wallet commit mutiny on you due to your hat buying fever.....it will happen (and you'll love to hunt down your next find)...

4. Right on Redfokker!

Yes! I am glad for your saying this because the Osmosis effect is already starting! I am going to make a new thread on these reflections I had yesterday following 1st post though I have already pleasantly tripped out because I was looking about and there is a National Hat day next Sunday, 15th of January & that is my birthday as well, wow!

And The Fedora Lounge posts, pictures, the whole 9 yards is about as natural and genuine a group of folks who are even more deeply fond of Hats.

Redfokker likes this.
  5. Hi Lady who Luvs her Man!

I get it! You are right! I can literally feel this impulse to order about 5 hats right now! Fortunately, it is the concept of a deposit necessary for custom requests. That mixed with my own massive respect for artisans whether it is good food, custom hi-fi Audio and these timeless hats, that will keep in check, I think ...

Redfokker and RJR like this.
  6. G.W. Masters

G.W. Masters New in Town

I'm balding and skin cancer runs in my family so it was suggested that I wear hats to protect my head from the sun as I spend many hours every week walking the streets of Seattle with my camera (I'm a dedicated street photographer). I started out with a straw Trilby that I received as a gift in the Dominican Republic. I wore that until it literally disintegrated on my head. Then I bought another Trilby from Weatherproof that served me well for a couple years. Then I met a girl with a good sense of style and she bought me a Byrnie Utz gift certificate for Christmas in order to move me to find a better hat and probably to eventually upgrade my entire wardrobe accordingly.

On the streets of Seattle I have a reputation for my hat(s) and apparently earned the nickname "The Fedora" among the regular crowd at Pike Place Market where I do much of my photography. Of course those hats were Trilby style hats, but when the time came to find a new hat, I went for a true Fedora and I think this is the beginning of a new hobby and also the beginning of a new and improved approach to my wardrobe.

You can see many of my street photos here: https://www.instagram.com/gwm.seattle/. There are a few self portraits that show my old hat(s).

Redfokker likes this.
  7. Redfokker

Redfokker Call Me a Cab

Welcome to the Lounge! First, I must say you have an "eye" my friend! Looked through your collection and was very impressed. You are well on your way toward the hat addiction that is viral within this group. The classic Byrnie Utz store is a good place to start, buying a hat the way men did in the heyday of fine men's headwear. Now we need to see photos of your hats, and a noggin shot to boot! Good to have you here. Be sure to post photos of the "proper" hats you find around the streets of Seattle. Hipsters wearing a stingy on the back of their heads is entertaining, but not really what we are all about.

G.W. Masters likes this.
  8. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Welcome!

9. G.W. Masters

G.W. Masters New in Town

Thanks, guys. I look forward to some conversation about various topics. I'll edit my avatar to a hatted-selfie at some point.

10. G.W. Masters

G.W. Masters New in Town

Thank you for the compliment. I began the street project a couple years ago and I can't imagine stopping any time soon.

Redfokker likes this.
  11. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

+1