Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mike Reed

New in Town
First time to the Lounge... I've been a hat guy all my life mainly because of no hair and skin C word in the family.. Mostly a baseball capper but the last few years with flat caps and just took delivery today of my first Akubra "Banjo Paterson".. Can't wait to get home tonight to check out the new hat.. Love the forum and the content..

First time to the Lounge... I've been a hat guy all my life mainly because of no hair and skin C word in the family.. Mostly a baseball capper but the last few years with flat caps and just took delivery today of my first Akubra "Banjo Paterson".. Can't wait to get home tonight to check out the new hat.. Love the forum and the content..
Welcome to the Lounge!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hey Mike

homesicksteve

Familiar Face
New here. Thanks for having me.
'Found the joy of Hats after wearing a Blues Brothers inspired Stingy Brim - here in the UK we call it Trilby.

After a couple of wool felts to test the water, I now have my first proper hat - Akubra Bogart Grey.
I lurked a bit to get this far, so now to the next level....

This is me, right of picture, making it look good ! My friend, center, makes it look fun.
Is that Bruno Mars (left) ?

'Found the joy of Hats after wearing a Blues Brothers inspired Stingy Brim - here in the UK we call it Trilby.

After a couple of wool felts to test the water, I now have my first proper hat - Akubra Bogart Grey.

This is me, right of picture, making it look good ! My friend, center, makes it look fun.

Wearing a hat with attitude.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

Nice hats, cool picture, great friends! Welcome!

Celia

A-List Customer
Welcome Mike, don't forget to post pictures of your new hat!

Welcome to the lounge Steve, great picture! Are you a Man of Kent or a Kentish Man?

homesicksteve

Familiar Face
Wearing a hat with attitude.

Nice hats, cool picture, great friends! Welcome!

"Hattitude"

Thanks for the kind words. I'm new to wearing hats - but perhaps all the practice in front of the mirror will pay off !

Welcome to the lounge Steve, great picture! Are you a Man of Kent or a Kentish Man?

Thanks for the welcome. A well informed question - however I'm a New Zealand born Irishman, who lives in Kent !:D

Ev Anders

New in Town
Hello! I've been reading this forum off and on for a few years now. I always loved hats (except for a tan boy's cricket hat my mother made me wear for Easter when I was 5). I've had a few cheapies over the years, but I recently came across a Champ and a Royal Stetson Ivy League, both priced at $10 each. The Champ fits me like a champ, but the Stetson is a tad small. The sweatband was also partially disintegrated.

I'm more of a reader than a poster, but I want to thank you all for the wealth of information here, and I enjoy the positive camaraderie that this forum offers.

Hello! I've been reading this forum off and on for a few years now. I always loved hats (except for a tan boy's cricket hat my mother made me wear for Easter when I was 5). I've had a few cheapies over the years, but I recently came across a Champ and a Royal Stetson Ivy League, both priced at $10 each. The Champ fits me like a champ, but the Stetson is a tad small. The sweatband was also partially disintegrated.

I'm more of a reader than a poster, but I want to thank you all for the wealth of information here, and I enjoy the positive camaraderie that this forum offers.

Welcome, Ev. Glad You are here. Unless you want to start dropping those $10's like pennies, turn off your device and step away.

It's true, there does seem to be a bit of an itch...

Welcome to the forum, Ev. We, of course, need to see pics of your acquisitions. Head shots, preferably. Head shots give the rest of us comfort that others are wearing hats, and not just stacking them around the house. Most of us are guilty of both. :)

You need something like 10-20 posts before you can post pics, so get to commenting, and then show us what you got!

Fivesense

One of the Regulars
Hello Everyone,

I joined this community a week ago (thanks for letting me) to research different materials for Western hats. I love hats- Irish caps, straw Fedoras, and especially Western hats. I have a straw Stetson but have long wanted a felt Western hat that would handle the cold, rain, and snow at my mountainous location. I started research on this forum to narrow down my selections and realized what I really wanted was a felt hat.

I purchased my 6X Beaver Felt Stetson today- a beautiful Silver Belly (Skyline). I'd already ordered a Skyline in black (arriving early next week) but had an epiphany that a Silver Belly would be both appealing and versatile. So I may indeed like the black, but boy am I pleased with the Silver Belly. It's an incredibly handsome lid. The one I picked up today "was made for my head."

I have plenty of hobbies that cost me lots of money (photography, ham radio) and I didn't quite expect hats to parallel the outflow. That said, I fully appreciate the cost of craftsmanship and daily enjoyment of a proper cover. So while I waded in gently with a $200 plus Western hat (by far the most expensive hat I've purchased yet) I can completely understand the potential to spend more on a lifelong friend (on my head). Anyway, if anyone can appreciate my sentiments right now, I know you are in this forum.

RJR

Hello Everyone,

I joined this community a week ago (thanks for letting me) to research different materials for Western hats. I love hats- Irish caps, straw Fedoras, and especially Western hats. I have a straw Stetson but have long wanted a felt Western hat that would handle the cold, rain, and snow at my mountainous location. I started research on this forum to narrow down my selections and realized what I really wanted was a felt hat.

I purchased my 6X Beaver Felt Stetson today- a beautiful Silver Belly (Skyline). I'd already ordered a Skyline in black (arriving early next week) but had an epiphany that a Silver Belly would be both appealing and versatile. So I may indeed like the black, but boy am I pleased with the Silver Belly. It's an incredibly handsome lid. The one I picked up today "was made for my head."

I have plenty of hobbies that cost me lots of money (photography, ham radio) and I didn't quite expect hats to parallel the outflow. That said, I fully appreciate the cost of craftsmanship and daily enjoyment of a proper cover. So while I waded in gently with a $200 plus Western hat (by far the most expensive hat I've purchased yet) I can completely understand the potential to spend more on a lifelong friend (on my head). Anyway, if anyone can appreciate my sentiments right now, I know you are in this forum.
Welcome,you have a couple of very nice hats.
You do,however,realize this is an addiction?;)

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Yes, the endorphins released by felt hat use can cause severe addiction in many. All the attempts I have seen to have meetings addressing the addiction just result in more hat trading and purchases. Search posts for "Fedorafest III" to see what I'm talking about.
My addiction runs 2 to 1 in favor of western hats. You will find many here who have multiple felt addictions like I.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch