• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

New Member to the Hat Forum

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Hats Matter, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Yes. Try some on and at least get some ideas. Chk out their stock online. I thought I saw "Hats in the Belfry" in the area as well.

2. Philadelphia, Baltimore and Annapolis. Not what I'd call "in the area." But worth checking out. Thanks.

Bob Roberts likes this.
  3. Hi, new member here! Thanks for allowing me onboard.

Though I spent my teenage years in cowboy boots and a Silverbelly cowboy hat, since I left that cow town upon graduating High School in 1975 I've not owned either article. (Nor have I been on a horse, or driven a pickup truck full of hay, or fired a Winchester, since that time.)

Now, at the age of 60, I found myself lurking on these forums to find out about fedoras. A week ago I didn't know a C-Crown from a hole in the wall; you all have been extremely informative.

I have my first felt hat (since 1975) wending its way towards me now, got fairly cheaply on Ebay. What got me interested in all of this is the TV show Stranger Things and the wonderful hat that Chief Hopper wears. I will do my first hat bash when that Akubra comes, and see what happens.

My daughter and I have been going to Comic Cons for several years now. I have her to blame, perhaps, for getting me involved in the world of Cosplay. Here I am recently

[​IMG]

DOGMAN, hatsRme, Bamaboots and 3 others like this.
  4. Welcome. Give the Doctor some loooooooove!

5. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

Welcome to the Lounge.

6. Welcome to the Fray good Doctor! Great image.

7. You wear that hat well, my friend! Welcome from someone who just joined yesterday (and whose non-stop questioning must be giving longtime members fits!)!

hatsRme and Bob Roberts like this.
  8. Naw. We all get to show you how brilliant we are.

Frunobulax likes this.
  9. We've all been there.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Bob Roberts likes this.
  10. I too am bombarding people with questions.

There are other forums where I am one of the old-timers, and patiently field the same newbie questions over and over. I know the question the newbie just asked gets asked and answered once a week- but the newbie doesn't know it, otherwise he wouldn't be asking! So us old heads are cordial and helpful.