Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Wish my head would shrink.

It can be arranged. All it takes is a quick visit to the Amazon & tell them to stop when you reach 6 7/8.
Ringo Starr had it done a was very pleased with the results. :D
shrunken-human-head.png

zaleskb1

New in Town
I was a little unclear. Hopefully he will be back. Although the bulk of Derby/Bowler production is classic black, these odd colors show up from time to time. I have not started any research on this brand, but with millions of these stiff felts produced since the mid 19th century, it is a cool one for sure. Wish it was bigger!

Funny, cause I often find trouble with the vintage hats; Im either 7 or 6 7/8...

The color was what drew my attention. At $10, guy how could I not purchase? I paid more for Homer Simpson salt shaker there haha.

I have purchased.
Very good. Now we need to see more detail shots of this gem. The sweat logo you showed looks like the store where it was originally sold. A shot of the back of the sweat where it joins together is a clue. Are there any more markings? This Derby/Bowler will be a fun research project.

Very good. Now we need to see more detail shots of this gem. The sweat logo you showed looks like the store where it was originally sold. A shot of the back of the sweat where it joins together is a clue. Are there any more markings? This Derby/Bowler will be a fun research project.
This derby definitely has some age to it. It wears the battle scars from moth damage with aplomb. Since the sweat does not appear to have any maker clues, and the manufacture tags under it have disappeared, the history of this one may not be forthcoming. The color is really unique, love it. Probably a hat manufactured by a "jobber" for some chain of men's stores, ubiquitous, but a very special find today. Is it wearable with the sweat coming apart?

zaleskb1

New in Town
Definitely wearable...had it in freezer for 48hrs too. Needed some leather glue to keep sweatband in place. The leather restore gel I used works wonders (Chamberlans Leather Milk No. 3)

Aware of the moth damage. Any idea how to restore that wool? Perhaps just leave as is and wear?

Still plan to Bickmore sponge it and spray with protectant

Definitely wearable...had it in freezer for 48hrs too. Needed some leather glue to keep sweatband in place. The leather restore gel I used works wonders (Chamberlans Leather Milk No. 3)

Aware of the moth damage. Any idea how to restore that wool? Perhaps just leave as is and wear?

The damage from moths/age is probably not repairable effectively. It is a cool old Derby. Wear it with pride...and definitely post some pictures of it on your noggin. It really needs to be posted in the Derby/Bowler Thread. Quite a piece.

Not wool. Fur felt.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

DaveSobel

New in Town
A2177AA2-04B8-4729-97D6-5608F547AC88.jpeg
Hello everyone. I just signed up after finding this forum looking for hat making information. After a long hiatus from regularly wearing hats, I’ve started a new collection, and recently began making my own. Here’s a pic of my first fedora in wool. I went cheap just in case I messed it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto