Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
The seller should know. It's usually in the description. Ebay sellers will tell you, if they know. You can also look at current hat production for a clue, and you'll develop a mental gage telling you a hat is wool felt v fur felt by the price.
A couple of years ago I picked up a vintage Resistol Pacesetter, a near-stingy, on eBay. The seller had it at a low price and posted as wool felt, but I couldn't believe that Resistol would have sold a wool felt hat as part of its dress range in the Sixties. The hat arrived, was clearly fur felt, and has been excellent.

A couple of years ago I picked up a vintage Resistol Pacesetter, a near-stingy, on eBay. The seller had it at a low price and posted as wool felt, but I couldn't believe that Resistol would have sold a wool felt hat as part of its dress range in the Sixties. The hat arrived, was clearly fur felt, and has been excellent.
I never trust fully an Ebay description. I have had some victories based on poor listings, being the only bidder. Welcome to this group of hat crazies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto