Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"New" Vintage Borsalino

Jsoftz

New in Town
I just got my vintage grey borsalino off eBay. The seller said that the original hatbox said 1945 on it, so that's when i'm assuming it came from. Anywho, it's reaaaally soft. The only other lid I have is the wool Disney fedora, and this is just totally different. You almost can't even breathe on it without it changing shape. It feels luxurious too, though i'm not exactly sure what adjective to use. It's got a black ribbon and a light grey bound edge. I got it for only 10 GBP and am very, very satifisfied. I wonder how it compares to Dan's grey Borsalino.

One last thing that I just discovered.. underneath the black ribbon, there is a thinner, light colored satin ribbon that matches the bound brim. I wonder where the black ribbon came from and why they put it on?

Here are the pics.

borsy8.jpg

borsy2.jpg

borsy9.jpg

borsy10.jpg

And the last one.. with a really large file size, sorry.

Picture%2082.jpg

Also sorry that I didn't clean my room first.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Sweet lid. It looks like a Bogie. Wear it well and for heaven's sake take care of it. Cheers

Jsoftz

New in Town
Thanks everyone, I really like it- and it's my first vintage lid. I hope to acquire many more.

Oh, and Josh- i'm size 7 or 7 1/8.

Thanks,
Josh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana