Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

newbie needs 40's hair help!

jkath

New in Town
Hello all!
First and foremost, may I say this board is wonderful!:)

Now, on to my question:
My h's company has a huge annual banquet and this year it's a 1940's theme. If only he'd told me about the theme months ago when he first learned of it!
I've purchased a lovely black gown on ebay (let's hope it fits), and have found some great accessories. The problem is the hair! ack!

My hair is about 5" past my shoulders, with some long layers. I've also got bangs, but they're not too overwhelming. Normally I wear it straight, but it has natural wave in it, so it holds a curl well. I was thinking (since it's a very grand event) that I want to go quite glamorous, like maybe Rita Hayworth, or something like that. I was a hairdresser, but that was 15 yrs ago and I'm a bit rusty.;)

Can anyone out there give me some pointers on how to achieve this (or any other) look?

Thanks so very much!

magneto

Practically Family
Welcome, jkath! I think there are some threads in the archives that mention achieving wavy 40s styles. have you seen this:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/archive/index.php/t-1794.html
Sites like nocturne.com may be helpful.
When I had longer hair I would do a side part, put fingerwaves in the very front for the S-shaped waves in your face a la Veronica Lake, and set the rest in large rollers with some Aqua-Net :). Although now I guess I would use setting lotion....
Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ