Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newcomer to the lounge

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Greetings to all. This is my first post to the lounge. I have recently purchased a new fedora for the first time in my life. I have to admit that I have always admired the look of a fedora and I finally purchsed one for myself. My wife thinks I am crazy however she did help me pick one out. The "New bailey Bop Litefelt Teardrop" Does any one have any comments on this hat? I would gladly listen to any veteran fedora wearers since this is my first lid.

riccardo

Practically Family
Wellcome

Hey Jake...wellcome into this vicious:D place...everybody here is really hat's drugged.
Everyone begun,like you do, with the first...and then...
...hi Jake,I'm Riccardo...I'm an hat's drugged.

Enjoy your hat.
Best wishes.
Riccardo

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Nice to meet you sir. I haven't even received mine yet and I have been feverishly trying to get setup on the lounge and finally I am here. I enjoy the conversation and hat info. I am hooked already

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Hello, Jake! Welcome. :)

I, too, recently took the plunge. I know how it feels at first, but in time, you'll start to feel proud of yourself for following your heart. :) I do hope that you'll enjoy yourself here.

Tommy

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
To Riccardo and Red Pop, I was also interested in the Derby, just for variety, although the fedora is my first choice, any thoughts on wearing a derby in today's world?

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
LOL.. she is a cute one, my littlest one is 6 but I still see her as alitle 4lb 4oz preemie that was ready to take on the world( a little too earlier in fact) now she a ball of fire though...wish I had the energy

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Welcome Jake!

A Litefelt Bailey is a good place to start. That's close to where I began my addiction. It should be enough to get you hooked.

By derby, I guess you mean the round-top bowlers. If so, I haven't seen much crop up lately for men wearing them (although I have seen women go for that look). Maybe you'd prefer the homburg style, which seems to have a stronger following, and plenty of people make them. I see a lot of them on ebay.

Good luck, and have fun.
NB

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
That is kinda of what I thought, I have looked at the Homburg it was a difficult decision, but my wife liked the teardrop, but I am sure I am just getting started. ( much to the distaste of my bank account)

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Welcome Fellow Illinoisan!

Welcome to the lounge my fellow Illinoisan! The Bop is a great selection for starters. It has the right look, low profile, water resistant and packable. I am sure you will enjoy it and the lounge. Welcome aboard.
Duane
463-2.jpg

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
thefedorastore said:
Welcome to the lounge my fellow Illinoisan! The Bop is a great selection for starters. It has the right look, low profile, water resistant and packable. I am sure you will enjoy it and the lounge. Welcome aboard.
Duane
463-2.jpg

Thank you all for making me welcome. I received my Fedora today I have had it on all night. Duane it is nice to see some folks with class still here in Illinois, especially in todays times, but in the past from what I understand Chicago was full of Fedora's. I am from the southern area of Illinois, and I hope to be a fedora wearer for a good long while! Hope my wallet can afford it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points