Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Name Hat Manufacturing Co.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Some of this is mixed into the "Stetson Stuff" thread. Since there are quite a few more ads now from the American Hatters I think it deserves its own thread.

B

History:

"It was John B. Stetson’s father, Stephen Stetson, who began a hat manufacturing career, first in East Orange’s downtown

Brick Church section, then Orange, when he moved his operation to the Valley neighborhood.

It was in the Valley area that Stephen Stetson and his sons, including John B. Stetson, born in 1830, built the No Name

plant.

Since the family never could decide on what to name the business, they simply agreed on No Name.

John B. Stetson, who suffered from tuberculosis, eventually left the family business in Orange, spent time exploring the

Midwest, then headed back to Philadelphia, where, in 1865, he started his own hat manufacturing business.

It was in Philadelphia, not Orange, that John B. Stetson trademarked the Stetson name and built his own hat manufacturing

empire under his own name.

Although John B. Stetson once served as president of No Name and held shares in the family business, the John B. Stetson

Co. Ltd. of Philadelphia had no connection to No Name.

No Name, once Orange's third largest hat manufacturing concern, went out of business in 1926."

buler

I'll Lock Up
The one hat I've seen (and passed up). I still don't understand the Danbury reference. Everything else points to No Name always being in Orange.

B

no_name_crown_sticker.jpg

no_name_sweat_mark.jpg

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very interesting research. Both well done & rare! (mmm...steak)

:eusa_clap:eusa_clapNever heard of the company. Thanks for push back the frontiers of my ignorance (both broad and deep)! Keep 'em coming! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

buler

I'll Lock Up
No Name - Danbury tip sticker

This derby just sold on ebay. Tip sticker is almost idential to the earlier one I posted, except it lists Danbury, CT instead of Orange, NJ. This hats sweatband was missing. The sweatband in the earlier hat had the mark listing Danbury which seemed to contradict the Orange, NJ tip sticker. Not sure what this means since I can't find any mention of No Name Co being in Danbury.

no_name_hat_tip_sticker_danbury2.jpg

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk