Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
Thanks,buddy. I'll definitely take a look at it.

I had Mike make me a 'China' hat from a mid brown Fepsa rabbit felt. It's amazing, very similar to Winchesters Whisky felt, but much more complex, with amazing undertones. Doesn't photograph well unfortunately. The Fepsa rabbit rivals Winchester beaver in hand and density. Stunning!

There are some images on page 24 of this thread, but the camera does it no justice.

Last edited:
My latest from Mike. This is made from Fepsa rabbit felt. I've only experience of Akubra rabbit felt, both Heritage and Imperial grade. This is completely beyond compare. far thinner, denser and with a much nicer hand. To be honest I'm hard pressed to tell it apart from Winchester 100% beaver. It has a lovely smooth buttery hand.

I wanted something in the style of Alan Ladd's fedora in 'China'

Beautiful hat, what colour is this felt?

The camera has bleached the colour, in life it is a really rich light brown. Similar to the Winchester whisky felt.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Northwest Hats. Navy blue beaver
328611b019987c12ad4f23a29b2de470.jpg
a33c46b86c1c5f56bcf7bd92345b335c.jpg
4a4f814a8d323eaf5fb027b43ebf206b.jpg
e1ab92459b3fe2a1a2a97d823c5c9762.jpg
e1c191636439e3eafd39cbc09283dc85.jpg
edd63542e7215c6ce9a4d15bd96a39b9.jpg
65de036e7d9bb4cec972e455a561a3e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Bob;
looks as if Mike nailed your style.
the tele crease, navy blue, contrasting wide ribbon work perfect for you.
Terry; glad you picked the colour Pecan, that seems the best for you.
note that the granite grey has a strong brown tone
shown with grey Fed
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I had Mike make me a 'China' hat from a mid brown Fepsa rabbit felt. It's amazing, very similar to Winchesters Whisky felt, but much more complex, with amazing undertones. Doesn't photograph well unfortunately. The Fepsa rabbit rivals Winchester beaver in hand and density. Stunning!

There are some images on page 24 of this thread, but the camera does it no justice.
Looks great, TQ! Nice! What are the dimensions on yours, and how tall was the open crown height? Mine's going to be done on a straight sided block with an open crown height at 5 3/4, I may go a tad taller. My brim's going to be a little wider than the movie hat, at 2 3/4. I like the underwelt on yours too. I'm leaning toward Pecan, for now.

I'd love to have it done in FEPSA felt but he doesn't have it now. CRAP! :mad: Oh well...Mike said he could put a good finish on the Winchester, though.

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
TJ

As I already had a couple of Indy style hats with tall crowns I purposely went a bit lower on this one. From memory Mike thought the film hat to be approx 5 1/2" open crown, but I decided to go 5 1/4. I was looking for a hat 'in the style of' not a facsimile. I also went for 2 1/4 brim as that's my personal favourite.

I love it and was lucky to get the Fepsa felt. I have a few Winchester felts and as you say Mike can get a lovely finish. I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk