Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Eric, I'm really excited about this one!

After seeing your posts about the pecan winchester felt I am all excited about looking into a hat with the same proportions. I am anxious to see your pics wearing the hat. Perhaps like others it helps me to see a hat in it's natural settings to better determine if the can be "ours."

Working the crease; You are a patient man working the hat thoroughly before wearing. I take a new hat out and put it on, crease it wear it, re-crease it-repeat frequently. Come to think about it very few hats of mine maintain the same crease for long.

Sharp. It looks terrific. Best this late evening, Eric-

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After seeing your posts about the pecan winchester felt I am all excited about looking into a hat with the same proportions. I am anxious to see your pics wearing the hat. Perhaps like others it helps me to see a hat in it's natural settings to better determine if the can be "ours."

Working the crease; You are a patient man working the hat thoroughly before wearing. I take a new hat out and put it on, crease it wear it, re-crease it-repeat frequently. Come to think about it very few hats of mine maintain the same crease for long.

Sharp. It looks terrific. Best this late evening, Eric-
Pecan is a great color. My most worn hat is a pecan hat that Art made for me. I love that hat but it has a 3/4" or so inch ribbon and I have wanted a wider ribbon for years. I finally had Mike make this one. I love it and I can't wait to get it into the daylight. Pecan is a great everyday color for sure IMHO.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What color is the ribbon, Roger? Love your hat!
You know Fed, I'm not sure of the ribbon color. I just had him match the felt as close as he could. I was going to go with a darker brown like Red's hat but wanted something with less contrast to be more of an everyday type go-to hat.

Thanks for the compliment!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Still tweaking but here is the Pecan pie!

Great hat, great ribbon work!

Thanks Mike!

506eae1144e7a3eabdab713a99ea5e40.jpg

43c46823e1d44f55483e1dde2bb0f981.jpg

9cae39fcf4d92e6a1ac0d1d01ac55b75.jpg

I can't wait to break this one in!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Nice recrease. Wear it well my friend.

Still tweaking but here is the Pecan pie!

Great hat, great ribbon work!

Thanks Mike!

506eae1144e7a3eabdab713a99ea5e40.jpg

43c46823e1d44f55483e1dde2bb0f981.jpg

9cae39fcf4d92e6a1ac0d1d01ac55b75.jpg

I can't wait to break this one in!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Another great hat from Mike. I love the lines and ribbon treatment. Of course, It has some of the same look as my Rose Bowl hat from NW Hats. But this one has a character of it's own.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Pecan is a great color. My most worn hat is a pecan hat that Art made for me. I love that hat but it has a 3/4" or so inch ribbon and I have wanted a wider ribbon for years. I finally had Mike make this one. I love it and I can't wait to get it into the daylight. Pecan is a great everyday color for sure IMHO.
To me the pecan has a tinge of green, sort of a dusky olive, in it. I hadn't noticed until last week when I wore my pecan NW Hat with a dark green corduroy shirt.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
To me the pecan has a tinge of green, sort of a dusky olive, in it. I hadn't noticed until last week when I wore my pecan NW Hat with a dark green corduroy shirt.
That it does. Pecan definitely has an olive green tinge to it. Some people can pull off the color and look good in it. If I had it to do over, I would have chosen differently. I don't wear mine much. I just don't like the color. That was my fault, though. As far as the workmanship, still gotta give Mike a five star rating. He does a very clean and crisp job. Can't go wrong with him.

A little edit: my reply, above, is just my personal opinion. It doesn't mean Pecan isn't a good choice for someone else.

Last edited:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Wow, super nice campaign hat! Is that a double stitched underwelt? Did you go with the heavier western weight felt or dress felt? I LOVE the dark moss.

Mike does a wonderful job of putting it all together. My name will come up in his queue in a few weeks. I'm going with a spring/summer hat in silverbelly this time.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

DesertDan

One Too Many
Great looking lids all around gentlemen, congrats to each of you!
Mike just continues to astound. I am loving my new Northwestern that I received last month it turned out absolutely perfect!
I was hoping Mike would post a pic on his book of face but I finally got a camera of my own and I'll post some pics pretty soon.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I picked up my new NW Hats fedora from Mike last week. I wanted to see the FEPSA quality and he had some dark brown felts in the hare/rabbit mix. I think it compares favourably to the Winchester beaver but as the FEPSA is more expensive to Mike I paid the same price as the Winchester beaver. It is too bad our North American hatters do not have easier access to the FEPSA line. Mike says their hare/beaver mix makes a great hat. I thought I had read that Wellema carried FEPSA but I just checked with him and does not carry the line either. The quantity buy-in is just too steep for our custom artisans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points