Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
OK, gents, I'd like to hear your opinions on Silverbelly felt paired with Dark Brown, Kangaroo or Old Copper ribbon.

When I saw the thumbnail pics I thought, "Wow! That Old Copper just pops!" Then I opened the pics up full size and I'm torn between the Old Copper and that Kangaroo colored ribbon.

Thoughts?

Dark Brown:
i-SWHzrhd-L.jpg

Kangaroo:
i-7Cr78bn-L.jpg

Old Copper:
i-wg9sCrz-L.jpg

OK, gents, I'd like to hear your opinions on Silverbelly felt paired with Dark Brown, Kangaroo or Old Copper ribbon.

When I saw the thumbnail pics I thought, "Wow! That Old Copper just pops!" Then I opened the pics up full size and I'm torn between the Old Copper and that Kangaroo colored ribbon.

Thoughts?

Dark Brown:
i-SWHzrhd-L.jpg

Kangaroo:
i-7Cr78bn-L.jpg

Old Copper:
i-wg9sCrz-L.jpg
The copper is my choice. But that Kagaroo is a close second. Are we going with a binding ribbon? That may or may not be overkill, I think a lighter would be better. IMHO

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
The copper is my choice. But that Kagaroo is a close second. Are we going with a binding ribbon? That may or may not be overkill, I think a lighter would be better. IMHO
Bound brim to match the felt. I didn't want to be too terribly flashy, but allowing the bow stand out in the fashion of Alan's Vanzina from Wednesday with double "wings" on both sides of the bow.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Wow, super nice campaign hat! Is that a double stitched underwelt? Did you go with the heavier western weight felt or dress felt? I LOVE the dark moss.

Mike does a wonderful job of putting it all together. My name will come up in his queue in a few weeks. I'm going with a spring/summer hat in silverbelly this time.

Thank you Fed! Yes, it is double stitched underwelt and it looks great. This is listed as a Dress hat on his website so I am assuming dress felt as we never had a conversation on the weight but assumed the lighter felt. I look forward to seeing your hat on here soon.

WOW!Really nice.

Thank you RJR!

I gotta say, that looks to be one of Mike's best works. It really shows his craftsmanship. Nice.

Very much appreciated!

Great looking lids all around gentlemen, congrats to each of you!
Mike just continues to astound. I am loving my new Northwestern that I received last month it turned out absolutely perfect!
I was hoping Mike would post a pic on his book of face but I finally got a camera of my own and I'll post some pics pretty soon.

Thank you! Mike does nice work. Looking forward to your photos.

Great color and lines! Love the star ventilation detail. Mike does the best work...

Thanks Red! Mike punches those vent holes individually.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

Thoughts?

Dark Brown:
i-SWHzrhd-L.jpg

Kangaroo:
i-7Cr78bn-L.jpg

Old Copper:
i-wg9sCrz-L.jpg
Are these the three choices you narrowed it down to? For me, and that's just me, I'm someone who would prefer a more muted contrast with Silverbelly. It's a very light and neutral color with slight undertones of greys and tans. I mean, if it's something you want to wear often, I would look for a color that wouldn't put limits on what I could wear it with. With that said, if old copper is working for you, go for it. It's definitely getting the votes.

Mike is top notch. Whatever you decide he's going to do it up nice.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Are these the three choices you narrowed it down to? For me, and that's just me, I'm someone who would prefer a more muted contrast with Silverbelly. It's a very light and neutral color with slight undertones of greys and tans. I mean, if it's something you want to wear often, I would look for a color that wouldn't put limits on what I could wear it with. With that said, if old copper is working for you, go for it. It's definitely getting the votes.

Mike is top notch. Whatever you decide he's going to do it up nice.
Good point to make. I was just thinking of asking Mike if he could send pictures of the felt with some ribbon that is closer to matching the felt.... close, but not exactly. I've seen a Sahara felt with vintage "champagne" ribbon that looked very nice, and a silverbelly felt with matching ribbon that looked sweet.

The Kangaroo felt looks to me like it's headed the way of less contrast and that's why I was thinking about it.

Dang possibilities are endless.... hard to decide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana