Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nothing but Seamed Stockings

Kay O'Hara

New in Town
My two cents..... Secrets In Lace

I am a little bias where Secrets in Lace are concerned :) they are my official stocking suppliers, but ladies, the quality and fit truly are amazing. I simply adore them. I have tried sooooooooo many other brands, but none feel as lovely as Secrets In Lace.

Agreeing totally with Tayva........ if you have smallish legs, order small.... I am 5'6 and I wear small..... as the width of your thigh increases, so shall the stocking size.

Viva La Stocking!!

Kay oxxo

MissTayva

Kay O'Hara said:
My two cents..... Secrets In Lace

I am a little bias where Secrets in Lace are concerned :) they are my official stocking suppliers, but ladies, the quality and fit truly are amazing. I simply adore them. I have tried sooooooooo many other brands, but none feel as lovely as Secrets In Lace.

Agreeing totally with Tayva........ if you have smallish legs, order small.... I am 5'6 and I wear small..... as the width of your thigh increases, so shall the stocking size.

Viva La Stocking!!

Kay oxxo

So good to see you here, sweetie! :)

I can't believe I forgot all about SIL! A lot of people complain about the price... but these babies are soooooo worth it! They are as close to the real vintage thing as you can get!

Kay O'Hara

New in Town
Yes, I know some complain about the prices but really, they are truly affordable when you consider the quality workmanship that goes into the product. I do own several pairs of authentic vintage stockings, and some of them cost $100 and more. For practicality sake, SIL offers the same fabulous look at fractions of the price. :)

Kay oxxo

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I still prefer my Magnolia stockings. The customer service is excellent and I think they are as close to real thing as one can get as well--they are made on fully-fashioned stocking machines, which means they are the real thing.

And I would never pay $100 for a pair of vintage stockings--no point in wearing them for that price, and I am a gal who enjoys wearing her vintage clothing :) Even my Victory Lace stockings only set me back $20!

MissTayva

I am totally guilty of spending ridiculous amounts of money on vintage stockings.
In fact, the ones I received as part of my prize from the Retro Radar contest were $45 for both pairs... I wore one pair, and now I'm scared to even wear the others... they are just too beautiful to ruin! Even though they were technically free, I feel awful for even using them. I think $45 was very reasonable for the stockings... and I know if I found another pair like it, it would probably be a little rich for my blood.

Have any of you ladies tried the stockings from What Katie Did?
The quality of those is very good, as well.They are really silky in comparison with some of the more modern repros.

Kay O'Hara

New in Town
Yes of course, I was referring to a couple pairs of Albert's Service weight 100% cotton stockings that were produced in the 40's for Military Issue
W.W.II and Korean War. I was lucky enough to pick them up for around a $100 several years ago. Today, they are probably closer to $200.

SIL stockings are produced on vintage knitting machines, producing an authentic product as well.

Kay

Kay O'Hara

New in Town
Yes, Tayva, I have tried stockings from What Katie Did, and I was pleased with those as well. Her prices are reasonable and customer service is also top-notch.

I know that for daily use, cost-efficiency and durability are key, but I have such a soft spot when I come across stockings produced in the 30's-40's-50's.... still in original packaging, that I usually end up purchasing them.... if of course, I can afford them at the time :)

Kay

MissTayva

I recently picked up a pair of vintage Del Mar stockings at an antique store for $10-- Jitterbugdoll clued me into them! ;-)

I have worn them several times... those things just won't quit! I'm rather clumsy when it comes to wearing vintage stockings. No runs or pulls in them!

Kay-- I love the gold SIL stockings... I think you had them on in a photo with the matching crinoline. Yum!

Kay O'Hara

New in Town
Tayva, those gold-seamed stockings are truly divine! and the gold-trimmed crinolin is such a completion - fabulous for the holidays. Kim Harlow has just finished a new artwork from one of the shots in my set as well..... it's absolutely adoreable!

Actually, the SIL crinolin also comes in a pink satin trim that goes wonderfully with their new pink FF stockings.....

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I think I'm down to one pair,which I am saving for a special occassion or until I can afford to re-stock.
I haven't had time or money to shop.

birdiepie

New in Town
There are only a handfull of manufacturers of fully fashioned stockings in the world, since there are very few machines are up and running. Magnolia is one in the USA some other companies include Gerbe, Gio and Cervin. A lot of retailers that carry fully fashioned stockings are selling the stockings manufactured by the aforementioned companies. Unless the stockings are particularlly special- ie, manhattan heels, glittery seams, colors, I usually stick to purchasing from places that tell where the stockings are from, so at least I know what I'm getting.

Gossamer man

A good place for vintage stockings

I thought I would pass this along concerning vintage stockings. I have dealt with Stocking Showcase for several years now. Steve and his wife are very helpful with any questions you may have and they have a large selection of vintage stockings.

http://www.stockingshowcase.com/

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
True to form, I have no stockings left and need them for this saturday. And my garter belt is broken... ARG!

I just placed an order with Girdlebound, so I'm anxious to give these beauties a test run!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Got my stockings and new garter belt yesterday! Wow! I didn't know the luxury I was missing. I absolutely love them, and so does my cat, unfortunately. Note to self to never put on stockings with the kitty in the room. He didn't get them too bad, thankfully, just a little snag on the toe. Now I'm determined to make my tap pants and more vintage underwear!

Girdlebound was absolutely fabulous! I sent them an email explaining my situation, and he not only called me within a few hours of placing the order to tell me my options, but got them out quickly and was very helpful! I highly reccomend them.

For girls like me with somewhat stickly legs, make sure to get the regular and not opera length stockings. They are supposed to reach mid thigh, but reach higher, and I've got nearly a 34" inseam. I feel them wiggling about a bit, espscially around the ankle, but they look and feel way better than stretchy hose with a faux seam.

Fun with underwear! :)

magneto

Practically Family
Oh, thank you for the review and recommendation! (Who doesn't need more stockings?) I wear a 9 short in vintage size (being a near-dwarf), I'll have to find out if their "small" is small enough. :(

ITG

Call Me a Cab
This is just a gentle reminder to take care when posting threads regarding lingerie. There's been an increased need to moderate links in posts due to inappropriate pics. Please remember we have people of all ages, including members under 18. All we ask is that you consider this when posting links and to try to completely check out the links within your links prior to posting. Thank you for understanding!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I love wearing my stocking, but I?Ǭ¥m allways so scared to destroy them eventhough I allways put the on with gloves and do both my finger- and feet-nails before putting them on. There used to be a brand of seamed stocking (not FF though) in Germany that had a very good price. But now those are gone. Fortunetly I know another store where I can get FF and Seamed stockings but it?Ǭ¥s muuuuch more expensive *Sigh*. But I?Ǭ¥m very happy with the quality. I actually wait for some new ones to arrive from another brand that I wanna test. Those were like 12 Euro each (about 15 $) and I?Ǭ¥m curious to try those!

DronesDodz

One of the Regulars
Hi Ladies,
my wife jst got into retro fashion and she would, of course, wear her outfits as authentic as possible. I told her that she should think about wearing real classy nylon stockings then as well. She liked the idea but is not so sure what to buy or from where. Real nylons are hard to find I guess.
She also is afraid that it could look too "tarty" instead of classy. I think she is a little unsecure in this matter. I bought her a nice vintage garter belt on ebay she likes very much but we are just not sure about the stockings now.
What should she do? From where are you ladies buying your FF nylons? Anything to watch out for? What are the differences between the dfferent nylon stocking styles? Any helpful links? Suggestions?
Please enlighten my wife and I.
Also, do you think nylon stockings are only for this once a year special occasion or for everyday use? To be honest, I would like to see her wearing them often....
Oh well, I hope no one here is ofended that a male posted in the powder room,
Looking forward to a reply,

Cheers,
Christoph

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112